How the Kilt was designed to be opposite to the English! | Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
K_Highlander

How the Kilt was designed to be opposite to the English! | Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow

Post by K_Highlander »

Just found this online.
Dates from 2009, may be old news to the forum.
I found it funny. I do have three kilts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQIA_FEe3o.
Ken
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Re: How the Kilt was designed to be opposite to the English! | Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow

Post by shadowfax »

Brilliant! :D
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: How the Kilt was designed to be opposite to the English! | Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow

Post by Gusto10 »

shadowfax wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:32 pm Brilliant! :D
indeed
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Hilarious :lol:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I keyed in the clip that was listed . with it came a bunch of other clips of his act . This guy is hilarious I think I spent almost an hour watching them. I definitely think you should watch some
K_Highlander

Post by K_Highlander »

Tight wearers "might" appreciate this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mocnl6-Yikc
Myself included. First time pulling on tights was a challenge!
Ken
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Sadly, I find McIntyre smug, knowing, and ultimately not that funny. His little “I think I’m being really funny” giggles during sketches is like nails being dragged over a blackboard to me. I really don’t like him or his humour.

That said, the tights sketch was amusing. I just think how Billy Connolly would have done this. That would have been something to see.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I'm not a fan of McKintired either so I didn't even look at the clip. I avoid his shows like the plague.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Why would you really want to wear tights or panty hose any way????
To me they are worse than trousers and shorts. I love skirts because of the comfort so why put on very uncomfortable tights etc.

Socks, thigh high nylons OK but not tights or panty hose.

Just my two farthings worth and nothing more :!: :!: :!:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:01 pm Why would you really want to wear tights or panty hose any way????

Because they keep your legs warm. It's all right for you in sunny South Carolina, but the weather is cold round my way.

I find tights comfortable, so long as I don't pull them up too tight. But they are a compromise: it would be nice not to have to wear them.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

skirtyscot wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:36 pm Because they keep your legs warm. It's all right for you in sunny South Carolina, but the weather is cold round my way. I find tights comfortable, so long as I don't pull them up too tight. But they are a compromise: it would be nice not to have to wear them.
I am currently in Omaha Ne. where the day time highs have been in the upper teens and lower twenties (that's F not C) and have been skirted the entire time without socks, nylons etc. just my bare legs. I am wearing mid calf length skirts. I have been fairly comfortable too..
funny-new-year-wishes-quotes-pictures-03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I bow to your superior thermal resistance!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Ray wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:25 am Sadly, I find McIntyre smug, knowing, and ultimately not that funny. His little “I think I’m being really funny” giggles during sketches is like nails being dragged over a blackboard to me. I really don’t like him or his humour.
Yep, my sentiments exactly (with no offence meant to the original poster).
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Tights?

I love them. Sheer hosiery is sensual, like a mature red burgundy wine. Opaque hosiery is like a teddy bear hugging your legs. I find bare legs aesthetically unappealing. Each to their own.

Ray