How the Kilt was designed to be opposite to the English! | Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
K_Highlander

Re: How the Kilt was designed to be opposite to the English! | Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow

Post by K_Highlander »

Frantastic:
No offence taken!
As I am on the other side of the Atlantic, this comedian was new to me.
I find him humorous, but maybe only in small batches.

I have two pairs of tights, one athletic style for cold weather walks.
The other more sheer from G Leiberman (Glamory Thermoman 100 Footless Tights with Fly) which I have only worn once, and no family has seen. Bought more as an experiment. Need to get the nerve to wear more in public.

But I do generally agree that tights get in the way of skirts and prefer not to wear
Ken
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: How the Kilt was designed to be opposite to the English! | Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow

Post by oldsalt1 »

I Think he is very funny

The skit about tights is also funny.

I think tights are terrific I don't wear long skirts and it would be impossible to go out in the colder weather without them

I have thin and thick tights This past Friday I wore tights as part of my outfit to the VA clinic. I actually had a lady on staff tell me that she liked my tights.

They may be a slight pain when you have natures call but other than that they make wearing a skirt much easier.

With a pair of tights on you don't have as much of a chance of flashing someone.

You say you wear socks that's great but quite often they don't stay up and again they are not as warm as tights which stay up.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:01 pm Why would you really want to wear tights or panty hose any way????
To me they are worse than trousers and shorts. I love skirts because of the comfort so why put on very uncomfortable tights etc.

Socks, thigh high nylons OK but not tights or panty hose.
I agree.
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Shilo »

Ray wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:25 am Sadly, I find McIntyre smug, knowing, and ultimately not that funny. His little “I think I’m being really funny” giggles during sketches is like nails being dragged over a blackboard to me. I really don’t like him or his humour.

That said, the tights sketch was amusing. I just think how Billy Connolly would have done this. That would have been something to see.
I think McIntyre is like marmite and I'm also not a fan. I agree that he is his own biggest fan. On the other hand Billy Connolly is funny If you want to make fun of Scots at least have a Scottish accent not the far back English one he has. Incidentally I Am English before we get into it any further
:roll: