My take on this!!!?????

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

My take on this!!!?????

Post by Fred in Skirts »

kilt3.jpg
augusta pride2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My take on this!!!?????

Post by denimini »

Ahem!
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Before I make the usual faux pas please expand on your "take".
I'd certainly give these guys pole position and perhaps it explains why the kilt is so universally popular too.
Steve.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

STEVIE wrote:Before I make the usual faux pas please expand on your "take".
I'd certainly give these guys pole position and perhaps it explains why the kilt is so universally popular too.
Steve.
This was presented as tongue in cheek!!
the picture was taken in Augusta Ga. several years ago by some one don't know who. The rest was just fun.... :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Ha Ha from me too!!!!
Contrary to popular belief, we Scots have a sense of humour too.
Given our damnable climate, we have to have.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Steve, I may have posted this before but ....

.... there is a rumour that the Irish gave the Scots the bagpipes as a joke but the Scots just haven't seen the joke, yet!!!!

Ducks for cover.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned
OMG that is such a blow to my traditional native pride.
You'll be telling me next that Haggis came to us from the Romans via England.
Oh woe, woe and thrice woe I say!
Aye min, yer coorse.
Steve.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

STEVIE wrote:Sinned
OMG that is such a blow to my traditional native pride.
You'll be telling me next that Haggis came to us from the Romans via England.
Oh woe, woe and thrice woe I say!
Aye min, yer coorse.
Steve.
What do you mean? My Dad used to hunt the wild haggis as it ran around hills!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

.....and it must be all down to Global Warming....There hasn't been a single haggis seen flying South of Aberdeen this year, let alone shot!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Global warming hasn't reached us yet, it's still b*****y freezing and could even snow tomorrow.
I am completely disillusioned by the haggis, our so called native critter. Turns out the Romans brought them here as lucky mascots and the English adopted them as pets.
Apparently they liked the look of a lopsided animal, the left and right legs don't match. It was the Scots who had the brains to turn them into the delicacy that we know today.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote:[...] hasn't been a single haggis seen flying South of Aberdeen this year, let alone shot!
I do not think I will ever see another New World turkey in flight and attempting to gain altitude without thinking of that. Haggis on the wing? There's something, somehow, intrinsically wrong about that.

Where is the bleach for my brain? I want that visual gone!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

STEVIE wrote:...Apparently they liked the look of a lopsided animal, the left and right legs don't match. It was the Scots who had the brains to turn them into the delicacy that we know today.
You would think they would have the sense to keep turning them round when they were young, so they ran around the mountain the opposite way for half the time and their legs would become equalised; this would prevent family arguments about who got the bigger 'drumsticks'.  The animals would also discover what another haggis looks like from the front, something they never do in the wild.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Never mind haggis. Round here they breed special turkeys for feeding the inmates of old peoples' homes.....Sixty-four drumsticks & no breast!

Tom
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

There was the (probably apocryphal) story of a motorist on a motorway watching in his mirror as something approached rapidly from behind on the hard shoulder.  As it drew level with him, he realised it was a three-legged chicken, so he accelerated to keep pace with it and get a better look.  When the chicken found it was being watched, it accelerated even more and the motorist had a hard job keeping up with it.  Soon the chicken went off the motorway up a slip road and the motorist decided to give chase.

They raced through the country lanes and eventually the chicken swerved through a gateway into a farmyard, across the farmyard in a cloud of dust and up a ramp into a chicken coop.  The motorist got out of his car and was standing there in amazement when the farmer arrived.  He said to the farmer: "Did you see that? A three-legged chicken!".  "Oh arr", said the farmer, "us do breed 'em like that".  "You see sir, I do like a drumstick, the missus do like a drumstick; and our lad, he do like a drumstick too."  "That's remarkable", said the motorist, "what do they taste like?"  "I dunno sir, us haven't caught one yet."
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well told, Pelmut. I'h heard that one before but not nearly so well put.

Tom