Kilts and Their Cousins

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilts and Their Cousins

Post by weeladdie18 »

When I ordered traditional Sunday Lunch today ,the waitress informed me that the menu had changed to Easter Sunday Lunch....
Having accepted the offer of this choice from the menu , I was asked if I required beef or chicken.....
So I came up with the obvious reply....." Both , please ".....such is the stress of decision making on the Traditional Day of Rest

I feel I am no longer required to observe the once Traditional Day of Rest....as I am retired. ...Every day is a day of rest for me.....L.O.L.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

crfriend wrote:
weeladdie18 wrote:I often wear white Civilian Government Issue shirts with double breast pockets and epaulettes....nice long tails....
I'd like to find a supplier of such styles here in the States. Epaulettes lend a sense of gravitas and the extra pocket up front is a big convenience.
Civillian Government Suppliers ,.....Government Surplus Stores , Government Clothing Disposal Stores.......

I do not Know your networking for supply of shirts for Police ,Fire , Coast Guards , Air Traffic control.... Customs Officers , Merchant Navy

Even try Military Officers Tailors.....Some staff may have to buy their own shirts to the Organisation Specification.

All the shirts I have quoted are white ...in U K............Rod
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Latest recommendation re Falling over with vertigo....get a District Nurse to clear my ears of dust and wax....Then get a simple
prescription for the vertigo problem......It is perhaps worrying to consider the fatal results of a simple faint and fall....

I met a Gentleman today whilst I was wearing one of my old box pleated Military Kilts....I complimented him on his fine sports jacket...
Not commonly worn these days....I used to wear one to work in the late sixties and early seventies....

The Gentleman enquired " what tartan are you ? "......I replied and explained that my ancestors sailed from Scotland and became
sea traders on the South Coast of England......His response was...." once a Scot ,...Always a Scot "

As I have said before.....If we are going out on the street we must know what we are talking about.....

Cornwall ,...with the Navy , the fishing , the sea trading and the extinct mine workings is a melting pot for ever nation in the World....
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

weeladdie18 wrote:As I have said before.....If we are going out on the street we must know what we are talking about.....
Is it really likely that anyone would check a random conversation for historical accuracy?
What is more probable to win hearts and minds, academic discourse or cordial chat?
For the integrity of the thread , I wore my fifth cousin eight times removed of the kilt yesterday.
Jist oot fur a dander n' fair trickit wi masel tee.
Steve
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

weeladdie18 wrote:The Gentleman enquired " what tartan are you ? "... "
Wouldn't it have been suffice to mention the clan Mcnaughty? :D
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

It is always worth while having an intelligent conversation during a casual meeting in Cornwall.....Only 7 1/2 percent of the male population
are forth generation Cornish....the rest of the males have either come to Cornwall with their work or to retire.......

Scotland has also seen many changes over the years......so has the area of the South Coast of England where I lived for many years.......
Why bury one's head in the sand and turn into a welk head ?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

This one might be regarded as the flamboyant prodigal of the family. I never got the chance to ask for permission to spread the shot, hence the obscured face.
The photo was taken at our local "Pride" march on Saturday and I felt rather dowdy alongside some of the folks.
Steve.
BTW the Kilt Police never did show up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Good kilt!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair