Wore My Scottish Kilt In Febuary

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!

Wore My Scottish Kilt In Febuary

Postby weeladdie18 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:42 am

Wore my Scottish Kilt again in February yesterday . No one noticed,...Definitely warmer than a skirt at 10 C to 12 C.....
Pleasant sunny afternoon .....Only saw two or three elderly lassies just wearing skirts and nylon tights.......

I feel I am loosing a bit of my excess weight....This Kilt has nice long waist straps for adjustment.

As usual the biggest problem was getting comfortably seated behind the steering wheel of my car
whilst sitting on seven yards of pleats.....Still worth the effort for the warmth and comfort....

Perhaps the answer is to wrap a towel around my waist to hold the pleats in place ...
whilst getting comfortably seated behind my steering wheel.............

The garment was nice and free and comfortable whilst sitting at a dining table .
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wore My Scottish Kilt In Febuary

Postby r.m.anderson » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:52 am

You need to practice in using the hand to swoosh and sit on the pleats - yes some of the pleats will not muster correctly
but for the most part the pleats can take a beating because they are a permanent fixture of the kilt.
Reminds me of a short video clip I saw awhile back about a lassie getting into/out of a car without showing her knickers.
A simple matter of running the hand(s) (or both if you can do it) down the back side and promptly sitting down on the
gathered pleats - then pivoting the legs inside the car. Unless it is an extremely hot day and driving a great distance
the pleats will do fine - the Box pleated and Double Box pleats may pose problems but still yet the swoosh and sit works.
Cupping and holding the fabric firmly while sitting will keep things in order.
The usual Practice makes perfect - NO CORRECT that to "Perfect Practice make perfect" !

Remember to leave room to fasten the seat belt !
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Fred in Skirts » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 am

kilt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred :kiltdance:

:whistle: Hi I am Fred and I wear skirts and dresses all of the time. :hooray:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:42 am

Thank you for your comments .I am just out of practice at moving backwards and downwards to sit neatly on my pleats
whilst smoothing them out with both hands .

Much easier in a full skirt with no pleats....The easy solution is not to wear a Kilt if intending to drive....
Being a wee laddie with wee legs short legs does not help as I am much closer to the steering wheel....

Perhaps I should get a Vintage Mini Car or even a Vespa Bubble Car with a front opening door.......L O L
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:08 am

Fred... Please member that if any Man in the Street mentions bagpipes , remind him that it takes seven years to
play the pipes correctly.....when the piper goes for his annual M.O.T. with his pipes , ..............
he has to sound... " An Audible Warning of Approach ".... and submit and pass emission of exhaust gas requirements.....

Bagpipe M.O.T. .........Most Orrible Tone.... for this Weapon of War................L O L
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Kilts, Kilts