A lovely kilt surprise

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

A lovely kilt surprise

Post by Ray »

It was my birthday a couple of days ago. My wife announced today that my present, after a delay, was ready for me to open.

Well, knock me down with a feather. It was a black Utilikilt! It’s amazing. Loads of press studs, poppers, pockets and pleats. I love it! Seems the customs duty was £138 alone (can’t be right?) but it’s something I have always wanted. First outing with it will be to a nice restaurant on Saturday!

My wife likes it on me. She’s brilliant!
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: A lovely kilt surprise

Post by crfriend »

Bravo, sir! It's wonderful to hear of spousal acceptance from time to time.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dead jealous, Ray...of the spousal approval bit. Know all about the Customs tariffs too. Bin there dun that, Wary now of ordering anything from the US.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Ray wrote:It was my birthday a couple of days ago. My wife announced today that my present, after a delay, was ready for me to open.

Well, knock me down with a feather. It was a black Utilikilt! It’s amazing. Loads of press studs, poppers, pockets and pleats. I love it! Seems the customs duty was £138 alone (can’t be right?) but it’s something I have always wanted. First outing with it will be to a nice restaurant on Saturday!

My wife likes it on me. She’s brilliant!
Very cool.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Great gift. Biggest part is family acceptance.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

You’re right, and I know that your son has alluded to that in his gift to you.

My wife actually likes me in most skirts, tolerates me wearing hosiery, and actively dislikes me in heels. I have no other female-associated clothing.

Getting the kilt was brilliant. Only thing to come close was my first wife buying me some DKNY sheer tights for Valentines Day. I have yet to open the pack - and I received them in 1999!
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Skirts are not acceptable in this house! Though I did manage two spend three whole days kilted with some favourable comments. Harvest supper tomorrow followed by Ceilidh-kilted of course. Then a week of holiday in a small self-catering bungalow. Must get the plain black kilt pressed and ready for service. An opportunity not to be missed. I also hope to stimulate some positive conversation, but it will require tact, for which I am not renowned. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

That's an excellent present, Ray. Great that your Mrs actively approves of your skirts.

I'm on holiday with Mrs SS and Sonthree. She suggested that I bring one of my casual kilts, so of course I accepted her idea readily.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

... and packed 6!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

greenboots wrote:Skirts are not acceptable in this house! Though I did manage two spend three whole days kilted with some favourable comments. Harvest supper tomorrow followed by Ceilidh-kilted of course. Then a week of holiday in a small self-catering bungalow. Must get the plain black kilt pressed and ready for service. An opportunity not to be missed. I also hope to stimulate some positive conversation, but it will require tact, for which I am not renowned. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Have you ever heard of the " Clerical Tartan" , worn as a traditional Kilt by religious gentlemen.
I have been lead to believe some even wear this garment for Religious services .....Check out Father Bill on X Marks the Scot ...
Try sending him a P.M.......this Tartan Kilt might open a door for you.
As I understand it he was a retired head master who subsequenty wore the Cloth and has recently retired from the Church in Canada.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

greenboots wrote:Skirts are not acceptable in this house! Though I did manage two spend three whole days kilted with some favourable comments. Harvest supper tomorrow followed by Ceilidh-kilted of course. Then a week of holiday in a small self-catering bungalow. Must get the plain black kilt pressed and ready for service. An opportunity not to be missed. I also hope to stimulate some positive conversation, but it will require tact, for which I am not renowned. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Something is going wrong with my posting today............

Greenboots have you ever heard of the Clerical Tartan , worn as a traditional Kilt by Clerical Gentlemen
Try contacting Father Bill on X Marks the Scot. As far as I am aware he is a recently retired Minister in Canada. Might be a way forward for you
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I have noted that there is a fault with my posting on this thread..I now further note that there is no
EDIT facility on any posts on this thread....................weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I now note that my recording in my last post that there was no edit facility in posts on this thread
was the first post on this thread to show an edit facility....
The fault must be in the forum and not in my system..............weeladdie
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

The "EDIT" button appears on the bottom right of each
and every post. Next to the "QUOTE" button. You may
need to scroll down a bit to find it.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

The "edit" button appears in your own posts, but only for a certain length of time. Posting today, you were too late to edit your previous post of 17 October, so the button was not there. Then once you had done that, today's post was the only one available for editing. The forum is working fine!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair