Want buy a navy blue utility kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
derail3

Want buy a navy blue utility kilt

Post by derail3 »

My manager and HR department have approved me to wear a kilt to work. But there are some conditions. Our normal male work uniform is Navy blue pants and a white shirt with tie. They have approved the wear of a Navy blue non tartan kilt with white shirt, tie and black shoes or boots. I was told that I may not wear the woman’s Navy blue uniform skirt and the kilt hem must fall between the top and bottom on my knees. So I have won a small Victory. But now I have to find a Navy blue utility kilt. Anybody know of a manufacturer that sells this type of kilt?
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Want buy a navy blue utility kilt

Post by victor1964 »

I Have recently done the same for work.

You can get a navy utility kilt from ScottishKiltShop.com

They are made to measure so you can specify the length to meet your employers requirement.

If you go for their casual kilt they are really good value and quality is good too. £36/$50 for the kilt plus postage :D

You do not normally get their lion logo on the pocket unless you ask for it in the comments, takes about 3 weeks for order to delivery (made in Pakistan).

I like them and have 8 kilts from them.

I can send you pics of mine if it helps :-)
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

derail3 wrote:My manager and HR department have approved me to wear a kilt to work. But there are some conditions. Our normal male work uniform is Navy blue pants and a white shirt with tie. They have approved the wear of a Navy blue non tartan kilt with white shirt, tie and black shoes or boots. I was told that I may not wear the woman’s Navy blue uniform skirt and the kilt hem must fall between the top and bottom on my knees. So I have won a small Victory. But now I have to find a Navy blue utility kilt. Anybody know of a manufacturer that sells this type of kilt?
I order a lot from Scottish kilt. It does take a while but they are really good. I alos have ordered a lot from this company and the shipping is lightning fast. I usually recieve my order in three days. The quality and prices are very good.

https://www.utkilts.com/standard-dark-b ... lity-kilt/
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Try Amazon they seem to have a lot of choices hopefully you can find what you need there
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

I have used "Scottish" Kilt Shop because I have short legs and the standard lengths of most companies come down to my calf. They are solidly built, except for the snaps. On one a snap failed pretty quickly, so they sent me a decent credit for another.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

One small victory for a man; one giant leap for mankind! Congratulations on this great achievement! What sort of place do you work? I fear you are selling yourself short by focusing on the details rather than the big picture.

PS sorry but my blue denim kilt is not for sale. I got it from Union Kilts, if that is any help to you.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Nor is mine, for that matter.

I got hold of a Denim 8-yarder from Scotweb Clan. It turned out to be very large and heavy. At 24" standard, a good knee length on me. With a very wide front apron and deep pleats behind, it weigh a ton, heavier than most tartans

Far better would be to go the Union kilt route, their denim number looks much lighter and user-friendly. If you didn't like the external side pockets I'm sure they are detachable, even if only with a scissors. Thirty-odd quid wouldn't break the Bank, either.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !