Running Kilt Review

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Running Kilt Review

Post by Dust »

I have an Asics one. It's a favorite, though I don't wear it just anywhere. Great material, but shorter than most of my others. No inner shorts, might have been designed as a swim cover or something, but I occasionally run in it. I think my wife wolf whistled the first time she saw me in it...
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:24 am I'd recommend Asics or Lululemon skirts - they have running/tennis skirts mainly

I have a couple of the 'Pace' skirts by Lululemon at the moment that are so well designed, they have a 3.5'' inner short/brief and are well shaped and have the functionality of inner pockets for keys etc, and media pockets with eyeholes etc for cables if you aren't running bluetooth. Great for running and having the tunes on!

Also lululemon have heaps of colours/patterns in their styles. They're shorter but not too short - I am 8-10 AUS/UK and they're about 11-12'' length.

They have many different styles from Tennis/Running/Hiking/Golf skirts.

Cheers
NZF
They seem way too short for me. Maybe one day. Right now I wear things that remind all of a kilt. Which, I’m sure is not news to anyone here, is the thing everyone calls my unbifurcated bottom half. Did have one ask in disgust if I was wearing a skirt but they were ok when I told them it was a kilt.

I know the Scots get bent out of shape if you say a kilt is a skirt, and I get why cause the grey kilt is a special article of clothing, but in the vein of all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs, all kilts are a variety of a skirt. Hope I’m not ruffling any feathers here but call a spade a spade. And honestly, kudos to the Scots for being smart enough to keep wearing whatever they want to. What I keep hearing is everyone loves a man in a kilt. Go Scotland.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:24 am
They have many different styles from Tennis/Running/Hiking/Golf skirts.

Cheers
NZF
Lot of potential in these sort of garments. :mrgreen:
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Grok wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:17 pm Lot of potential in these sort of garments. :mrgreen:
true. I usually wear a skirt/dress for tennis, and for other sports I wear a skirt.
for cycling I wear bike shorts - cause I want the extra padding!!!! - otherwise I would be happier in a skirt option.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

nzfreestyler wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:19 am I usually wear a skirt/dress for tennis, and for other sports I wear a skirt.
for cycling I wear bike shorts - cause I want the extra padding!!!! - otherwise I would be happier in a skirt option.
I made a cycling Skort by sewing a tennis skirt to a pair of padded cycling unders. It works better than with them separated as the skirt can't slide up.

Try it, you'll never go back.....
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Bodycon wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:32 am
nzfreestyler wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:19 am I usually wear a skirt/dress for tennis, and for other sports I wear a skirt.
I made a cycling Skort by sewing a tennis skirt to a pair of padded cycling unders. It works better than with them separated as the skirt can't slide up.

Try it, you'll never go back.....
perhaps I should!? My bike shorts are white/pink and I have a blue/pale blue/yellow pair - it would be shame to hide such bold colours....perhaps I need a plain black pair of cycle shorts and then go over with a skirt. It could be a less pleated skirt style too.