Six Nations Rugby Jamboree

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Six Nations Rugby Jamboree

Post by Kirbstone »

Over here early Spring sees the annual Six Nations Rugby competition. Wherever the Scots go their supporters are almost invariably kilted. Today their team gave last year's champions England a right drubbing 25 to 13 at Murrayfield (Edinburgh). I have no doubt the place was a sea of colourful kilts for the occasion.

Their clash with Ireland is due in Dublin next weekend and I expect the city will be hosting a great lot of kilted supporters.

Meanwhile, today in Dublin Ireland locked horns with Wales and earned a hard-won victory, 37-27. I attach a pic. that appeared on the Irish Times of a bit of pre-match entertainment by some kilted drummer boys outside the stadium.

Tom
Rs Irish kilted drummers Landsdowne Rd. Dublin.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Six Nations Rugby Jamboree

Post by Ray »

Tom,

The Edinburgh match was a joy to watch. It's not that often that we get one over our Anglo-Saxon neighbours, and the manner of the win was an affirmation of quick play and skill at the breakdown. Edinburgh must have been bouncing on Saturday night!

Our game against Ireland will be rather tougher - it's in Dublin, and it's against an Ireland team that for me, is playing better than England. Lots of kilts on show - should be a great occasion!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Ray,
You must be a seriously displaced Scot living as you do a couple of hundred miles too far South. At least on that isocoles triangular-shaped island such an option is open to adventurous Scots.
Over here no such option exists as it's exceedingly wet further South (Sea areas Lundy, Fastnet). Ml. O'leary has all that sussed, of course and makes billions ferrying pale Celts South to the Sun in his shiny blue & silver cigars.

Tom
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Yesterdays match in Dublin was a surgical excision of Scotland as a team, 28-8. Not a great day, weather-wise, but that's to be expected on Rugby international days.

Plenty of kilts about, so I am told. Alas, I had to be 200 miles away galley-slaving on the river Erne at Enniskillen, so I saw no kilts that day.

Tom
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well, It's all over now, bar the shouting &c.

Today our boys didn't disappoint, beat England 24-15 and gave Irish Rugby fans at Twickenham & worldwide something to celebrate on St Patrick's Day. Winning the Triple Crown, The 6-nations Championship and the Grand Slam......for only their third time in the 137-year history of the event.

Tom