Letter from my dentist

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Letter from my dentist

Post by Freedomforall »

Last week I went to my dentist wearing a kilt. It was the first time I had been there wearing one. No one said anything about it. This particular day was very unorganized at the dentist and I was glad my wife was with me. No one seemed to have a clue what was going on. Any, I received a letter from UPS which I had to sign for. The stated I was not welcome back and must find a new dentist. LOL Now I can't say it was the kilt or not. Maybe it was coincidence. Anyway, just putting this out for everyone.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Letter from my dentist

Post by crfriend »

There may be a raft of reasons for that, and it's entirely likely that wearing a kilt is one of them. If you like the place, call 'em up and see what's happening, and if not just move on. Life is too short to worry about stuff like this.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Well, that's harsh. Doesn't the dentist want your money? If dentists over your way do as well as dentists here, yours can probably afford to dump one. But why would he?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I go to my dentist wearing a skirt . nothing has ever been said . Screw him its his loss
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Thank you all. I am really not worried about it. I just thought it was very funny. After seeing their disorganization the other day there is no way I would ever go back.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:I go to my dentist wearing a skirt . nothing has ever been said . Screw him its his loss
Same here.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I wore a skirt often to my previous dentists. MOH and I changed recently to one that is nearer to home and I have worn a skirt to this one as well and acceptance was wholeheartedly at both. So I think it unlikely that it's the skirt. And if it was then you're better off without such bigots.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It is good that he told you that you weren't welcome back - it would be terrible to have him working on your teeth grudgingly. If it was the kilt, then it is a good filter.
If it was a tartan kilt, you wouldn't want a feuding clansman, and winner of Maide Leisg, pulling your teeth. :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

This seems like the perfect situation for the, "dental standoff," strategy. Here's how it works:

1. You lie back on the chair as usual, arms at your sides.

2. The dentist slides up on his roller chair.

3. You grab him by the nuts.

4. You throw him an icy stare and say, "OK, this is how it's going to work. You hurt me, I hurt you. Now let's do this."
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

If it were me I guess I would want to know what the reason for the letter was.
The disorganization seems to be interesting, could be something deeper going on.

Me and my wife had not been to the dentist in about two years. This spring
Went to set up an appointment to have a filling repaired. To find out he passed away December of 2016 at age 47. :( needless to say we found a new dentist.

MishawakaKilt
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Just on a side note - did you forget your kilt pin ?
Did something come discombobulated during the routine ex-rays ?
Were you put under and took a bite out of something(one) ?
Where the dental instruments used in a strange way - that mirror
thingy can be most revealing when the bright overhead lights are
directed into otherwise dark regions ?

Oh come on there has to be a logical reason - or - simply the
dental staff told the Dr. to get a (new) life or was it wife ?

Closing is he still in business ?

When looking for a new dentist you may find out more !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

LOL
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Caultron wrote: "OK, this is how it's going to work. You hurt me, I hurt you. Now let's do this."
Back in the UK, I had work done by a dentist that also did work for the military. This was in Colchester, a garrison town with a lot of army and marines around. He was an excellent dentist, very quick, and gave me minimal discomfort, this was before the anaesthetics got so good, and his skill was appreciated. I always imagined he gained some of his skill from working with huge Marines, who would say "We're not going to hurt each other now, are we?" (Dentist was a pretty small fellow)

I haven't been to the dentist lately, (thanks for the reminder) but the last 2 or 3 times were skirted, and involved 2 different dentists. Not a word was said, and I detected no interest in my skirts from either dentist or the assistants. I'm rather perturbed that your dentist had a problem, and was sufficiently unprofessional to say so. I have to repeat the question asked earlier, but was there a possibility of unintentional exposure, or maybe the skirt was too revealing in fabric?
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Having read this topic from the beginning I don't think the skirt had anything to do with it. :?
As said the office was in a state of confusion and the staff were running around with their heads where the sun doesn't shine. So I am thinking maybe they sent the letter to the wrong patient. :censored:
If it were I, I would just for clarification call and find out the real reason for the letter. I would not be going back in either case as it is a sign that he doesn't have any concern for his patients. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Curious,

Was the exact wording of the letter "you're not welcome back" or was it more like "we're sorry to inform you but we can not provide services to you any longer"....

Just wondering the wording...

In any event, the curiosity would bug me and I'd almost have to get to the bottom of it.

I have to say, I've never been turned away from any business anywhere and I've been in some pretty conservative places. In fact, interestingly enough, some of my best services have come from mom and pop establishments.

I could be, considering how disorganized the place is, as Fred said implied, perhaps they just overbooked and needed to cut a few new patients as they were clearly getting in over their head.

The fact that you were wearing a kilt throws a wrench in the whole theory. You're not crossdressing, and a kilt is a time honored, respected, accepted, and trendy male garment that is reasonably popular. In fact I occasionally see men in kilts out and about.

It could be a bait to see if you'll make a fizz about it, and he can get up there on TV with the other religious zealots and preach. If that's the case, don't give him what he wants, just walk away.

I hope you'll at least leave a negative review. Make sure you don't say why, just rate it one star.

As for doctors and dentist, I have yet to wear a skirt at any medical professional. Of course I only see a doctor once a year and generally avoid seeing him on an otherwise "day off", so I'm normally in my work clothes when I visit. The same applies to the dentist. I normally just arrange my appointments before work and go in my uniform. Perhaps one day I should go in a skirt just to see what happens....

I'd almost bet you I'd actually get a compliment as the dentist office I visit has a very solid reputation, and on my visits appears politically neutral.

But yeah, I'd give them a call and at least find out why. If they say it was because of the kilt, just hang up on them. Don't even say goodbye, they're not worth a proper farewell.

All else fails, Tom (Kirbstone) is a dentist! :D I bet if you paid his way, he might work on your teeth! :alien:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.