Kilts at home

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilts at home

Post by r.m.anderson »

Grok wrote:An interesting example of bleed over, weeladdie. I wonder if anybody has ever mistaken skorts for a kilt? :mrgreen:
Anything with a TARTAN can be mistaken for a kilt ! Ah er except those dreaded 2 pipe pants maybe found on a golf course such a sacrilege !

A kilt is a man's skirt so there stuff that feather in your cap and call it macaroni ! Whatever ! LOL !

Regarding those skorts - not often do you find them in a tartan design - YES from the outside they appear to be a skirt but they have the underpinnings
of shorts or underwear unmentionables. More aptly found with solid colors or color block designs and they can be pleated but that also is not common.

Skorts at any given time on Ebay there are some 40k in auction.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I like my skirts to be above the knees, so skorts are usually the right length and don’t need modification. I always remove the inner shorts as it would defeat the purpose of wearing them. I like the coolness, freedom, and comfort of wearing skirts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

This thread is " Kilts at Home " ....When I go out I wear a traditional Scottish Kilt, or a Ladies Kilt Skirt ,or a Skirt.
Yesterday I was wearing a skirt and was told I was wearing a kilt . ...
A couple of months ago I was wearing The Kilt and was told I was wearing a skirt.....
When I dress myself at home and look at myself in the mirror , ...........................................
what I see is a virtual and laterally reversed image of what I am wearing.................................
I am getting too old to worry about the image I present to either to my mirror ,or the world at large.
I would advise the "Man In a Skirt " or "Man in a Kilt " to wear what he considers is a acceptable
and go out on the street and have another pleasant day's adventures................................weeladdie
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

weeladdie18 wrote:This thread is " Kilts at Home " ....When I go out I wear a traditional Scottish Kilt, or a Ladies Kilt Skirt ,or a Skirt.
A couple of months ago I was wearing The Kilt and was told I was wearing a skirt.....
When I dress myself at home and look at myself in the mirror , ...........................................
what I see is a virtual and laterally reversed image of what I am wearing.................................
I am getting too old to worry about the image I present to either to my mirror ,or the world at large.
I would advise the "Man In a Skirt " or "Man in a Kilt " to wear what he considers is a acceptable
and go out on the street and have another pleasant day's adventures................................weeladdie
I've worn Tartan pencils the same length as my kilts (23") and had no issue. People call kilts 'skirts' sometimes for effect, other times because they know no better. Kilts require more dressing up with sporrans, hose etc, if anything I just wear a kilt on it's own at home 8)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

kilty wrote:
weeladdie18 wrote:This thread is " Kilts at Home " ....When I go out I wear a traditional Scottish Kilt, or a Ladies Kilt Skirt ,or a Skirt.
I've worn Tartan pencils the same length as my kilts (23") and had no issue. People call kilts 'skirts' sometimes for effect, other times because they know no better. Kilts require more dressing up with sporrans, hose etc, if anything I just wear a kilt on it's own at home 8)

Kilts require more dressing up with sporrans, hose etc, if anything I just wear a kilt on it's own at home

Discard that sporran concept - I don't like those Harvey w(b)all banging pouches - favor a cross body bag/purse.
Wearing a kilt around the home place you don't need all that junk that would be in a sporran worn on your person unless
you are a certified boy scout or need your batman utility belt handy for those urgent work projects.
Around the house I favor a short mini-kilt like what SportKilt has - nothing cumbersome and as for the sox -
You don't have to wear cable knit sox - suitable length athletic field sox will work fine - you aren't in a uniform kilted regiment
you don't even need to entertain wearing sox at all and if you do any length works well.

Now as to putting this all together with a kilted pencil skirt - I don't know what to think - make mine a double and I will dwell on it !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !