2017 starting the year out right, in a kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Liam

Re: 2017 starting the year out right, in a kilt

Post by Liam »

Here's another one that I wore today. This one is all forest camo. It's more typical of my other long kilts.

It isn't obvious (which is the point) but it has 5 pockets on the front that fit cell phone, glasses, etc. and 2 large hand sized pockets behind for car keys, etc. And then on the inner apron, there are a couple more pockets for wallet or whatever you don't want easy access to or to be obvious you've got it. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Love the forest camo very much, some times finding a good loking camo can be hard to locate.
Is that, custom made, home made or store bought?

Mishawaka
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Liam

Post by Liam »

mishawakaskirt wrote:Love the forest camo very much, some times finding a good loking camo can be hard to locate.
Is that, custom made, home made or store bought?
Home made - did it myself. I got the fabric at Handock fabrics, but they have closed up since then. At least the one here did.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Yea, sadly all Hancock Fabrics closed down, they are no more.
We had one here in Mishawaka, we shopped there a lot. My wife can sew so over the years she has made a lot of our gifts from fabric from there. I'm sitting here covered by a fleece blanket she made with fabric from there.
I wish I would have known I would be into kilts. I probably could have gotten some great prices of fabrics when they were running the going out of business sales.
I am pretty sure she could make a twill kilt for me. I have not gotten her to agree to making me one yet. She still is in the "why?" Stage when I put on one of my kilts.
Hopfully soon she will get past that soon. And not give it a second thought. And just make me that kilt :)

Mishawaka

Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

I bought 2 camo 36 long skirt from Modest Apparel it comes with front pockets and I had cargo side pockets put on and no slit in the back or front
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

mishawakaskirt wrote:Welcome 2017! May you be a good year for all of us.
I'm not much for new years resolutions, I have tried to stop drinking coffee for the last three years, needless to say I'm still drinking coffee.
Moving on, my goal for 2017 is to wish I could say wear a kilt daily, but I know that is highly unlikely. My goal at minimum is at least onece a week, perhaps more.
So I wanted to start out the year on track.
January 1st 2017 at home in my black Trinity kilt.
Starting the year out right.

Bestwishes to everyone, and have a great 2017.
Mishawakaskirt
Here we are in March 2017 already. I figured I would give an update on my goal for 2017. To date I have missed three weeks of wearing a kilt at least one time durring that week. However this last week I was able to wear my kilts two evenings and skirts two
evenings, the wife was out of town for a loss in the family. I really feel bad for our loss, but a chance to go unbifiricated for four evenings, of course I am going to ditch the trousers while she is away.
Next week I will have a few more opportunities to dress comfortably after I get off work at night while she is away.
Mishawaka