Trip to San Diego

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Trip to San Diego

Post by Bikerkilt »

Heading out to California for a wedding next week and I'm taking my black utility kilt with me to wear and my wear it on the flight out. My 4 sister and 2 brothers will be their, one brother and one sister saw me in that kilt back in July in Pennsylvania at a family reunion. I will be visiting a brother in law from my first wife while I'm their too. Now let say that I have been riding motorcycles most of my adult life in Harley-Davidson garb. So I thing it was a mild shock to them at that time but not so much this time. I still wear a Harley-Davidson shirt with the kilt and thing I look good in them. MOH lets me wear what I want but said that she doesn't understand why I want to wear a skirt around the house or a kilt out in public and my reply is (1) they are comfortable (2) they will be fashionable soon maybe in a few years (3) I'm 66 and just a crazy old man. I have had my kilt out and about a lot this summer but not to the bike repair shop or a biker bar yet, I don't drink so I stay away from the bar.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Trip to San Diego

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Ride on new friend, ride on. :salut:
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
DonP

Post by DonP »

I recently started wearing kilts also. I wish I had started when I was younger. It was a little tough, at first, going out in public but it got a lot easier when I realized that no one cared and I think they just write me off as a crazy old man if they even notice. I'very even been to several bars. Still - just not an issue.
PBDude

Post by PBDude »

Bikerkilt wrote:Heading out to California for a wedding next week and I'm taking my black utility kilt with me to wear and my wear it on the flight out. My 4 sister and 2 brothers will be their, one brother and one sister saw me in that kilt back in July in Pennsylvania at a family reunion. I will be visiting a brother in law from my first wife while I'm their too. Now let say that I have been riding motorcycles most of my adult life in Harley-Davidson garb. So I thing it was a mild shock to them at that time but not so much this time. I still wear a Harley-Davidson shirt with the kilt and thing I look good in them. MOH lets me wear what I want but said that she doesn't understand why I want to wear a skirt around the house or a kilt out in public and my reply is (1) they are comfortable (2) they will be fashionable soon maybe in a few years (3) I'm 66 and just a crazy old man. I have had my kilt out and about a lot this summer but not to the bike repair shop or a biker bar yet, I don't drink so I stay away from the bar.
I recently got a skirt from skirtcrafe.com, it's cut like a utility kilt. It was so nice to have a skit that fit so well I wore it at home while my wife was home for the first time. She complimented me on how it looked and I have been wearing skirts around the house ever since. I ride a bike as well Suzzuki C90, but I cannot image a skirt or kilt on a bike, I have worn shorts a few times, as I live in Fla, but bare legs on a bike is not wise for several reasons.
PBDude 8)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

PBDude wrote:I recently got a skirt from skirtcrafe.com, it's cut like a utility kilt. It was so nice to have a skit that fit so well I wore it at home while my wife was home for the first time. She complimented me on how it looked and I have been wearing skirts around the house ever since. I ride a bike as well Suzzuki C90, but I cannot image a skirt or kilt on a bike, I have worn shorts a few times, as I live in Fla, but bare legs on a bike is not wise for several reasons.
Sounds like things are going well. Congratulations and have fun!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron