Have you found anything similar to the 5.11 kilt?

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Have you found anything similar to the 5.11 kilt?

Post by straightfairy »

DonP wrote:... there is not enough excess material to easily cover the area between your legs....
True, but it does have the snap fastener to prevent undue exposure. Certainly work wells enough when cycling.
FrostedTheFlake

Post by FrostedTheFlake »

I recent got a 5.11 Tactical Kilt. They had a 25% everything Black Friday sale, so I got a great price. However, it took weeks to get my kilt. I decided to have to hemmed at my local cleaners, taking the length down from the standard 24" to 21". It's definitely better for me.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

FrostedTheFlake wrote:I recent got a 5.11 Tactical Kilt. They had a 25% everything Black Friday sale, so I got a great price. However, it took weeks to get my kilt. I decided to have to hemmed at my local cleaners, taking the length down from the standard 24" to 21". It's definitely better for me.
Yes, I like 5.11 kilts a lot, especially for hiking. They're comfortable and durable and have four pockets and aren't too expensive if you happen to trash one (which I never have). I own five.

24" is a little long for me too but I've never gone to the expense of having one shortened.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

In Australia there is a site called www.military1st.com.au/

They have a utility kilt that is either identical to, or very similar to the 5.11 tactical kilt, and the description is almost the same in that it was originally an April Fools joke that actually took off and became popular....