So, kiltshopping?

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Shilo
Member Extraordinaire

Re: So, kiltshopping?

Post by Shilo »

The shorter length is the generally accepted standard for a military kilt. Soldiers generally wear them just above the knee.
:roll:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I have very limitd photo-opportunities, but this orning was mild and dry, so I fired off a few shots.

This grey number was advertised by Kilts & More as a ladies kilted skirt. I had this one made up to my measurements and asked that it wrap up on the Mens' side. Sure enough it arrived with a through buckle on the left side and two leather straps on the right. Perfect dimensions and lovely fullness in the pleat dept. without undue weight.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Now here's a different one altogether from UK Kilts.

Hybrid kilt 34 X23", plain colour looked darker on catalogue, combined with Gordon Clan modern in pleat reveals. Prefer the out-of-the-way pockets to a sporran. Like the shorter length to just above the knee. Without pin subject to breezes! Large press fasteners on leather straps fast and handy. Multi-adjustable at waist. Flashes nice.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !