Branson's publicity stunt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Branson's publicity stunt

Post by Sinned »

I see that there was a picture of Richard Branson in a red kilt on page 88 of the Mail on Sunday. Not sure that his black jacket goes with the kilt and having the sporran on his right hip is decidedly non-standard. And his publicity stunt when he lifted up his kilt .... Typically self-publicist Branson but whet it'll do for our cause - probably nothing, good or bad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tland.html

The comment to the pictures is interesting. ‘Despite the weather it is nice to have a bit of fresh air and it is very comfortable,’ he added. ‘I’ve got to the age where it is wise to always wear something under my kilt- especially in weather like this.’

This is not the first time the Virgin mogul has resorted to such uncouth publicity stunts.

The new Little Red service lauched yesterday will be the first time Virgin Atlantic has operated connecting flights from Scottish destinations, and Mr Branson said he was ‘excited’ to have been given the airport slots that came available after domestic airline British Midlands was forced out of business.

‘We are delighted that we managed to pick up these slots as it means we can offer stiff competition to British Airways,’ said the Virgin executive.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Branson's publicity stunt

Post by Kirbstone »

Frankly I'm surprised. I thought he was well past that level of 'humour' by now.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

It must have been effective advertising. We're talking about it, aren't we?
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Yeah,
It may be a class of stunt befitting someone a tenth his age, but...

After surfing the "Dressed To Kilt" fashion shows a week or two ago, where you can find pictures of kilted celebs on the runway mooning the cameras, I have to say I'm not so annoyed by it.

When you consider the echos of what happened yesterday dominating the local if not international news (I do live in the Boston area), I found that bit of whimsey ironically uplifting.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Also Mr Branson has another stunt coming - dressing as an air-hostess on an Air-Asia flight following a lost bet made in 2010:-

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2013/4/12/ ... +12+Flight
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

They may well be making a hostess uniform up for him to do his stunt, but the picture in the blurb is clearly photoshopped, with his head substituted.

At least when he does his drag show he probably won't be showing his undies.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If only his bod did look as good as the one in the picture. Boggle the mind doth .... brrrrr!! :shock:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.