Keep up the pressure!!

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Keep up the pressure!!

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote:If any producer has the wish to sell anything, why should the purchaser feel obliged to "pressure" them to do the business?
Recall that the "item" in question was an April Fool's joke, not something necessarily intended for manufacture. That said, if enough folks chime in, then the retailer might not consider it a joke after all.

I'd not necessarily call this "pressure" -- rather I'd probably call it a wakeup-call that there is a market, albeit niche at the moment, that would like to be served. That's marketing.
Sorry to be a "party pooper"
You? Never.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

STEVIE wrote:If any producer has the wish to sell anything, why should the purchaser feel obliged to "pressure" them to do the business?
Because sometimes the buyer is more motivated than the vendor?

There is absolutely no harm in letting a potential vendor know there is a market he has not recognised.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Ian,
That I would acccept, but it does rather like doing their job for them.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote:[... I]t does rather [seem] like doing their job for them.
Recall that they likely occupy the same box that the vast majority of the populace of "Western Culture" are in, and the rules of that box state, "Men do not wear skirts". I believe we should forgive them for this, but at the same time try to nudge them into action.

I do not know what the ratio is to folks who actively comment to them to those who remain silent for one reason or other is, but I'd be willing to take on a gentlemens' wager that it's at least 10:1 in favour of those who remain silent, and probably quite a lot more, perhaps an order of magnitude or so.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!