Another Kilt maker based in the U.S.

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Uncle Al

Another Kilt maker based in the U.S.

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi folks :D

Just found this kilt maker HighlandKilt.com who is located in Merrill, WI.
The rates seem pretty reasonable and the company is near StillWaterKilts in Minnesota.
:hmmm: seems like many of the U.S. based kilt makers are in the northern latitudes :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another Kilt maker based in the U.S.

Post by r.m.anderson »

Uncle Al wrote:Hi folks :D

Just found this kilt maker HighlandKilt.com who is located in Merrill, WI.
The rates seem pretty reasonable and the company is near StillWaterKilts in Minnesota.
:hmmm: seems like many of the U.S. based kilt makers are in the northern latitudes :D

Uncle Al
Uncle Al:

Near Stillwater Kilts - not near nor far - it would be the same for you to drive from Dallas to Houston.
Or if in the UK driving the distance from London north to the Lancaster.

Looking at the website for Highland Kilts - really impressed nice layout with all the kilty goodies.
Fair trade prices and service operating policy similar to Stillwater Kilts which I consider the Platinum
standard in the business.

And your comment about kilt makers/dealers being mainly in the northern latitudes well duh what did you expect ?
Even though the darn things are made cheaply in Pakistan and India nobody from there wears them.
In the hot places (southern latitudes) it is not often that you find someone wrapped in a pleated wool kilted blanket
in the middle of the season of heat !
The Man's Skirt heralds from the United Kingdom (Scotland & Ireland) and nobody wears them there either (LOL).
But the weather in the northern latitudes is more suitable for wearing the bloody things.
Fabric made of wool very suited for the cold weather extremes of the north and folks from this latitude are more
conditioned/aclimated to wearing this sort of garmet.

Men wearing skirts and Kilts is a trend that is taking some time; an awful amount of time to adjust.
Weather is one of the influencing factors delaying the wide acceptance of skirt kilt wearing.
Another factor is for the most part all in the head of the wearer - like it is forbidden to wear an unbifucated garmet.
Really should be no problem. It isn't like the wearer is sporting the "Emperors New Clothing" !

"Skirt-Kilt-ON"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

r.m.anderson wrote:...Weather is one of the influencing factors delaying the wide acceptance of skirt kilt wearing...
For wool tartan kilts that's probably true, alhtough even here in Phoenix we have 3-4 months every year when the temperature seldom exceeds 65 degrees. But wearing a utility kilt is no hotter than wearing cargo shorts, and arguably cooler.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

The fabric used for HighlandKilt.com is poly-viscose type, not wool.
I didn't find any wool kilts on their site, but then again I didn't
look that far. Just looked at the standard kilts and their utility kilts.
All twill or man-made fabrics.

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)