got-kilts

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
klaatu

got-kilts

Post by klaatu »

I found this on a facebook ad today http://www.got-kilt.com/index.html
looks like some good pricing.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Re: got-kilts

Post by Mugs-n-such »

I looked at the link, it is interesting...I wonder what you think about this: I looked at the skilt (kilted skirt) and it looks like it would pass (by most people at least) as a kilt, and it is half the price of the kilt, and it looks like you can order it in a 23 or 24 inch length at no extra charge. What do you think? But saving $50 is pretty appealing to me!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Yes Gary, I too find their 'skilts' very attractive. Problem as always for us on this side of the pond is the added carriage costs which nearly double the price, reasonable as that seems.

T.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes, I agree that the skilts are very attractive. However, like most skirts this one is made to hang from a woman's hip and not require much in the way of internal reinforcements around the waistband to cinch it to a mans waist. A good mens kilt will have a internal strong fabric attached to the buckles so that the tension will hold up the kilt. In addition, a good kilt belt helps keep everything from sliding South.

This Skilt might work if accompanied with an elastic waist band and/or a belt. I love the design and would like to see how it would look on a mans frame.

Mike
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Thanks for both the above responses. I think I'm going to "bite the bullet" and order one and try it, but I'll just have to swallow the shipping cost that Kirbstone mentioned. As soon as I can, I'll get someone to take a picture and post it in the pics section. Please don't hold your breath though, sometimes I can be slow as molasses...not trying to be, that just seems to be my nature. :(
edit for typo