Screaminkiwi Kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Screaminkiwi Kilt

Post by mugman »

I'd just like to put in a good word for Colin at Screaminkiwi, to whom I have become a very happy customer. As far as I know, he keeps just a couple of camo kilt designs in his stock in trade, which is primarily aimed at bikers (which I'm not). However, kilts at economy prices (and his are currently at £55 plus postage) nearly always come at a set 24" drop which suits most I suspect, but being an awkward cuss I prefer 21". I mentioned this in passing, and as a result he very kindly ordered in from his supplier a 21" specially for me, which took a few weeks but well worth the wait. Mine had to be just a part of a larger renewal order, so the wait could be considerable. As he was on the verge of ordering fresh stock I had obviously timed my enquiry just right.

So if a different kilt length is what you would prefer and don't mind camouflage (he does two - normal, like mine, and 'desert') then get in touch with him. He may not thank me for this mention as mine may have been a one off gesture, but it's certainly worth asking, and saves the cost of alteration and re=pressing.

If you do enquire after a non standard length, just say Pete Chandler suggested you try his patience. But no promises here. He either might not want the bother, or might be glad of the extra custom.

I've added some pics to show it here, and a link to his ebay (uk) shop listing for it, if anyone is interested, is here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMOUFLAGE-KI ... 484618a4a1

The 'desert' camo sand design can be found by searching Camo Kilt.

So if you ever get to read this, Colin, proper job!
Pete
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Screaminkiwi Kilt

Post by janrok »

Like often on Ebay, there is no waist size information c q choice. Or am I overlooking something?
The kilt looks nice but lacks pockets.

Jan.
Adrian

Re: Screaminkiwi Kilt

Post by Adrian »

I've bought kilts from Colin at Screamin Kiwi and can also recommend them. I find the length a bit to long but opted to have them altered. My favourite at the moment is his urban/arctic cam style with more pockets than a tool bag. By chance I was in Glasgow on St Andrews day and I got plenty of admiring comments. Always a bonus!
I want to wear skirts without judgment just as women can wear trousers.