Are you brave enough to wear a kilt?

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Are you brave enough to wear a kilt?

Post by straightfairy »

Trailer for new Pixar film.

http://bcove.me/gkmaby37
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Are you brave enough to wear a kilt?

Post by JohnH »

Why, certainly! If I'm brave enough to wear a dress, then a kilt is nothing! I love to watch caber competitions - you want to heave it in the 12 o'clock position, and heaven forbid that you heave it in the 6 o'clock position - that would really hurt!

John
johnie

Post by johnie »

Yes I am. I wear a kilt 365 days a year. I have 8 kilts, some tartan, but the one I wear most, is a Black 24 inch kilt from Midas Clothing. It is so soft, light weight, and does not crease when I am sitting in it. I also wear tights with my kilts and have never heard any negative comments. However, yesterday, I pulled into a filling ststion to refuel my car. My wife stayed in the car, and as I went to the shop to pay, I noticed some men coming out of the shop, but thought nothing of it. When I got into the car, my wife was laughing out loud. She said she had seen the men coming from the shop, and one man took a double take, then another take, and it seemed he could not take his eyes from me. I was in the black kilt, and tights and kilt hose. Anyway this man kept looking until he walked into a brick wall with a loud bang. He walked to his car rubbing his sore arm!! My wife said it served him right for looking. :D

johnie
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

johnie wrote:I was in the black kilt, and tights and kilt hose.
Where do you live, that it is cold enough to warrant that in May? South Georgia?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
johnie

Post by johnie »

No, I live in SW Scotland. I wear a kilt all the time- Im retired at 78, and the kilt is light weight.

johnie
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I don't know why anyone would even answer this question...Before anyone JOINS this site, he's probably well past the "Kilt" stage and well into skirts of all kinds and a few dresses too. I know I was well past kilts the first time I looked at this site wayyy back in 2004 when I joined this site. I'd been a member of X Marks the Spot for 2 years at that point, and had been wearing tupenu, sulu, sarongs, kains and several other indigineous island's skirt-like garments since 1970 when I was introduced to them in the Tonga Islands chain.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

johnie wrote:No, I live in SW Scotland. I wear a kilt all the time
Very rare, even here in Bonnie Scotland!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

straightfairy wrote:Trailer for new Pixar film.

http://bcove.me/gkmaby37
Film is now released in the USA, and will release in the UK 13th August.

:D
Kneelength

Post by Kneelength »

For me the kilt is what I wear when I get the chance.

Not yet gone further than the garden in a skirt - this is dark blue denim around an inch above the knees.

Love wearing the kilt since it gives great freedom.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

I wear a kilt almost all the time now in public, except I only have two kilts right now...a red one and a gray one. I'm working on that though, should order a new kilt from Sportkilt very soon, maybe even today.