Khaki Kilt.

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Khaki Kilt.

Post by straightfairy »

I'm starting to get a hankering for a khaki kilt, despite my intermittent skirt purchases and my current lack of actual money to buy one...
My current one is from Tartanista, which I'm happy with and I've seen one I quite like from the 'Scotlandkilt company'.
Any other companies, ideally UK based, that I should be looking at, within a budget of £60 absolute maximum?

I'd prefer 24" length, which is one reason I'm moving from Tartanista's 22.5" standard for my waist (34").
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Khaki Kilt.

Post by straightfairy »

Any recommendation?
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

straightfairy wrote:Any recommendation?
I can not recommend any suppliers as you've already discounted the company I would have suggested (Tartanista), but I will offer the general advice of know what you are buying. For example, I have a Heritage of Scotland kilt bought through Ebay. It's a camo design and I really like it, but it needs to be pressed after every wearing because it creases really badly when I sit down in it. Sadly that means it does not get much use these days.

If you find what you are looking for be sure to come back and let us know.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Two years ago I purchased the Brighton Street Kilt in khaki from Carse of Gowrie Kilts of Scotland.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152t ... 287674163/
Their eBay shop shows this kilt as still available for £47.50.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CARSE-OF-GOWRI ... 34.c0.m322
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

Creasing is always the problem with cotton, be it a utility kilt or a pleated jeans skirt.
Just saw the pics on Flickr of the Brighton kilt and the back pleats show exactly what I mean.
I had the same problem with my Utilikilt.
I guess cotton is just not suitable for long lasting pleats but there are better examples of how to make a fashionkilt: Unionkilt and Sportkilt use the right fabric.
Unionkilts keep pleats well but the fabric is a bit stiff wereas Sportkilts are made of very soft material and the pleats seem to keep forever, even after a flight in an economy class seat.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. :)
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Well, money has been found (from my parents for my birthday) and spent.

I've bought a new Woodtex Utility Kilt off ebay for £40 inc. shipping and it's lovely.
Fits superbly, looks great (to me) and feels nice .
I'll post a pic up when I get round to it. :)
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

Union kilts recently introduced a Khaki Brushed Denim Kilt. I am considering to buy me one. http://www.kilts.org
brushed-beige-denim-4_120x215.jpg
6ce8e54d2cd0ea6edabd5b7cd9cf27be.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Pic for my Woodtex kilt now up in the correct area.