New 5 Yard wool Kilt

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

New 5 Yard wool Kilt

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Last week I got sized up for my Christmas gift (just an excuse to spend money LOL). I am getting my first 5 Yard wool Kilt in black Isle tartan in about 4 weeks. I was surprised by the material as I have been wearing a sportkilt until now. One thing I was worried about was wearing it in hot weather but when trying one on I was surprised how breathable it was as it was a hot day. I have been enjoying kilts a lot recently so I think this will not be the last of my purchases. I also find that for Australians, a kilt is received better by others and is probably the best garment to use to promote the idea of skirted garments for men. I am also wearing my sportkilt for hiking so I am hoping to get a lot of exposure in the kilt. Kilts get noticed more but received much better so I hope to start a kilt trend here on the gold coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New 5 Yard wool Kilt

Post by Kirbstone »

Well done, and I'm sure in 4 weeks you won't be disappointed.
For me, out and about, Kilts are where it's at, as they carry no confusing baggage and are well received.

Tom K.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

Well done. I would agree that kilts seem to be more accepted in Australia.
Have a look at "All things Tartan". They are just up the road from you and Karen and Doug run a great business. I have several hand made kilts from there. They quite often have ex hire kilts in perfect condition that go for far less than a brand new wool kilt. Try a 16 oz in winter.
Cheers
Rob
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!
SkirtRevolution
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtRevolution »

Tassierob wrote:Well done. I would agree that kilts seem to be more accepted in Australia.
Have a look at "All things Tartan". They are just up the road from you and Karen and Doug run a great business. I have several hand made kilts from there. They quite often have ex hire kilts in perfect condition that go for far less than a brand new wool kilt. Try a 16 oz in winter.
Cheers
Rob
This is who I am getting the kilt from. They are probably one of the only kilt makers in Australia and they do some fine work. Once I get my first kilt and I know my size I will be buying a few more. My wife and I didn't want to leave their store, lol. I have recently been wearing kilts and falling in love with them, my wife also can't get enough of her man in a kilt. Whooo hoo 

When wearing a skirt I get noticed very little, while it is good for my confidence it is no good when trying to promote skirted garments for men. Kilts on the other hand get a little more attention and at the same time are accepted as men’s clothing with no problems. My thoughts are that it will be far easier to promote the idea of skirted garment for men by doing my best to make kilts popular in Australia as a casual wear. I just think most guys don’t realise that they can wear kilts; the mentality seems to be they are only for ceremonies but not something you can wear casually.....well; I will be doing something to change that. It’s time for a modern day gathering of the Gaul!!!!!!
Tassierob
Distinguished Member

Post by Tassierob »

SkirtRevolution wrote:This is who I am getting the kilt from. They are probably one of the only kilt makers in Australia and they do some fine work. Once I get my first kilt and I know my size I will be buying a few more. My wife and I didn't want to leave their store, lol.
I know exactly what you mean. I am very pleased I don't live closer as I would be broke! I have 3 of their kilts plus a jacket they bought for me from Scotland plus my wife has a kilted skirt Karen made her! And thats all without ever going into the store.
I will put a pic in my gallery to show you my more formal look by All Things Tartan!

Cheers
Rob
If you haven't worn a skirt you haven't found freedom!