Kilt Reflections

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Kilt Reflections

Post by Kirbstone »

We've recently had downpours which killed two people including one policeman in the Dublin area, not 25 miles E. of here. Today at last the Sun is out again and I sallied forth into the garden wearing my favourite little blue No., a 20 inch kilt. At this time of year it is comfortable to wear tights with it, these being flesh coloured, so they 'disappear'.
Kilt Reflections 2 Rs.jpg
The water level at my boathouse had risen to within 8" of the jetties, and this gave me an idea. There follow two 'reflections' pics, which give a sort of 'upskirt view', suitably, but not too distorted.
Kilt Reflections 4 Rs.jpg
Kilt Reflections 5 Rs.jpg
Like Ian Milfmog says...I'm just having fun.

Tom K.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Hemitom

Re: Kilt Reflections

Post by Hemitom »

I've worn mine with black hose.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Nice photos. I think I might have the same “kilt”, a 20” skirt from Tartanista. I like it, too, but prefer wearing it with ordinary kilt hose or non-transparent tights.

GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

You're dead right, Gerd. Fabulous pics. The tartan is 'Heritage of Scotland', and at 20" I personally find it very comfortable to wear, frequently with kilt hose, too, but confined to my grounds and the local adjacent bogland, where I allow my dogs to run wild.
I wouldn't wear it anywhere very public, or in the presence of my darling wifie, who doesn't approve. A friend has a great painting over his mantlepeice of a party of kilted Scotsmen with dogs rowing a boat across a loch to hunt somewhere. My avatar shows me rowing with that kilt on. At that time I had a remote shutter release gadget for my SLR camera, which doesn't appear to work anymore.

Last month I caught a glimpse of the Danish coastline from an old sailing gaffer as we approached Kappeln, near Flensburg on the 'Ostsee'. Where in Denmark do you live?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Tom, I live north of Copenhagen, only a few kilometers from Oeresund, the narrow belt that separates Denmark from Sweden. I go there several times a week. Like you, I will mostly use the short kilted skirt around the house. But I will from time to time wear it in public, too.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Kirbstone wrote: At that time I had a remote shutter release gadget for my SLR camera, which doesn't appear to work anymore.
Probably shouldn't belabor the point, but when the IR remote release for my Nikon stopped working a new battery put it to rights. :shock:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Remote possiblity of a remote channel change.
Say you are set up with the remote and release on the camera being on channel 'A' and somehow a button or switch has
changed one or the other but not both to channel 'B'.
And like skirted_in_SF noted a change to a fresh battery may do it.
Also check the battery contacts inside the remote - possible corrosion on the contacts.
An eraser or small nail file used on the contacts could make you good to go again.
My release has a two foot long wire cord from the remote receiver to the plug in the camera.
Chance that if the wire got cripped or a break in the wires this could be interrupting the remote release from working.
If a replacement is needed ebay is a good economical source to check out.
Possible tinkering with a soldering gun and new wire could be the fix.

After all the SkirtCafe would not want you to be remoteless that is reserved for another time and place. LOL

"Not-Remotely-Kilted"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !