no more going commando

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: no more going commando

Post by RichardA »

As a good kilt costs £300-£400 and dry cleaning is very expensive I always wear underwear
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

This story is entirely driven by the hire companies who just want to keep the garments clean for their staff to handle when first returned; they are all dry cleaned after every hire anyway. My nearest outfit hire company specify that underwear MUST be worn with hired kilts (though who will check I wold not want to guess), However underwear and going commando are not necessarily mutually exclusive... they offer "under kilts"* for purchase by hirers who would rather maintain the air circulation.

Have fun,

Ian.

* You might call them half-slips, but from a marketing perspective their term seems an easier sell to occasional kilt wearers.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Once you've tasted the comfort of commando, it's hard to go back, but I do wear underwear when dancing or when in company that might be offended otherwise.
But I also think that hygiene is important, so like to have something at the back to keep my skirts clean -- absolutely indispensable on a bicycle, by the way. At home I usually wear the opposite of a jockstrap, that is to say, pants with no front! (Never really understood the advantage of backless jockstraps, aka athletic support.)

Im sure the kilt hire companies insist that their customers wear underwear in order to reassure future customers that their wares are clean. Obviously they have no way of knowing what their customers really do.

Martin
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Simple cheap alternative to a half-slip or briefs/boxers :
Two bandannas attached to each other breachclout style with elastic sides. Can be made for under $5. Stops chaffing from wool weighted down by a sporan, too.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Just a quick note from the moderators: This thread is getting into rather dubious territory. Please recall that unless an "undergarment" is intended to alter the look or behaviour of an external garment discussion of non-visible bits are supposed to remain "unmentionable". Thanks.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!