Iain on Hstory!

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Iain on Hstory!

Post by DALederle »

A new show on the history channel is called "The Top Shot" and its a realty based competition, ala "Survivor" and one of the constestants is man named Iain. Not my spelling, that's how he spells his name.
The other day he was packing to go home, in case he lost a competition and one of the garments he was folding was a gray, camouflage Sport Kilt. I haven't seen him wear it yet but then I haven't watched every minute of all the shows so far.
Has anyone else watched the show? Did Iain wear the kilt around the house or out on the shooting range?

DALederle
:D
Brandy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Iain on Hstory!

Post by Brandy »

Seen that also and no he did not wear it. -- Brandy
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I've watched "The Top Shot" everytime it's been on. On the first episode I think I saw him wear the kilt for about 5 minutes when he first arrived to the area. I've not seen him wear it since. I'm going to write to the show and suggest he do, since the kilt is known as a wartime garment. :D :D ie: the Germans in WW1 called Scottish troops "Ladies from Hell" because they never gave up on an attack. :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DALederle »

Well, he won! Iain became the first ever Top Shot! I thought the whole show was kind if silly. It wasn't a real shooting contest. I have competed in shotguns and pistols and won some local competitions so I know what that's about.
This was just survivor with guns!
And I too am disappointed thatwe didn't see him more in a kilt.
He is from the UK ad kilts are more common there, I think, then they are here.
Wonder what, if anything, might have gone behind the scenes? Did they tell him not to wear his kilt?
We'll never know!

DALederle
:)
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

Iain is the traditional Scottish spelling of the name. If he's from the UK, it's possible he is from Scotland, or one of his parents is.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Iain is the traditional Scottish spelling of the name. If he's from the UK, it's possible he is from Scotland, or one of his parents is.
Or merely his parents liked the spelling. Like John or Jon, or maybe William, Will, Bill, Willy or Willem.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
ethelthefrog
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ethelthefrog »

Since1982 wrote:Or merely his parents liked the spelling.
Good point, well made.
Liam

Post by Liam »

I saw that episode - that actually was the final straw for me, and after seeing it I sewed my first kilt. I think there was a scene where you could see Iain wearing a kilt, but I can't recall it off the top of my head. It was a scene where everyone was relaxing, I'm pretty sure. And I am a gun enthusiast, so I watched it closely.

My wife and I were both tickeled when he won the competition, because, after all, he was uber-man! He was man enough to wear a kilt! :D :D :D