inexpensive kilts

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
azhiker

Re: inexpensive kilts

Post by azhiker »

I ordered a acrylikilt from celtic croft. At first i requested the lenght to be 17 inches but changed it to 19 inches. I will try this lenght since winter is coming here in phoenix the 2 inches might bode well. and if i like it i will probably order one at 17 inches since i prefer a little shorter kilt. I will post pictures when this kilt comes in.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

It's surprising how much difference an inch or two can make in winter.
I find knee-length kilts with hose fine for the winter (I was living in Grenoble where it can be very cold), but I have one from e-bay the turned out to be shorter than expected, and although it is wonderfully well woven thick wool, I cannot wear it in winter. I think it is that the knees can be exposed as they have less nerve endings than the thighs and you don't notice the cold there, but also because the knee joints keep moving and presumably generate some heat. An inch or two above that, and you'll freeze!

I go for above-the-knee only when spring arrives -- and then it is ideal for walking or working.

Martin
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I wonder how the fabric will behave, my traditional kilt does plenty of swinging and wafting around in the breeze, what is a lightweight fabric kilt going to do? However, I suppose it won't be 12 yards of cloth so it might not be so unruly.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

I've ordered a Tartanista one from ebay today, will see how that fits once it arrives.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

My Tartanista has arrived very quickly (ordered thurs, arrived fri but I wasnt in)
It fits absolutely great and I will post up a piccie or two once I get round to it.
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

WOW, just received an e-mail that my acrylikilt has been completed and shipped. so i may have it by Friday. Cool and I will post pictures of it when it arrives.
azhiker

Post by azhiker »

Picture 11.jpg

Received my acrylikilt in the mail today. very cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.