Supernal clothing

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Supernal clothing

Post by straightfairy »

I've found the website for the above company.
it's a small operation, but has what seems to be a decent kilt on offer
Black, cotton drill cloth, knee length, £55.

has anyone used them? any idea what the quality is like?
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Supernal clothing

Post by r.m.anderson »

You did not post a link to the website.

Is this it?

http://www.supernal-clothing.co.uk/

rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Someone needs to tell those folks that a skirt pleated all the way around is not a kilt. No apron, no kilt. :?:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Sorry, yes that is the site.

The full length 'kilt' is indeed pleated all the way round, but the standard length one does have the apron.
RyeOfTheDead
Distinguished Member

Post by RyeOfTheDead »

Since1982 wrote:Someone needs to tell those folks that a skirt pleated all the way around is not a kilt. No apron, no kilt. :?:
Hold on, aren't you the guy who wanted to call all skirts for men kilts in order to get more men to be willing to wear them?

Regardless though, all six kilts I see listed on this site have aprons... the pleated shots are of the back of the kilts. The upper left hand corner of each kilts page has the front view. Even the ankle length black one has an apron, see the photo I attached.

Here's the direct link to the kilts if someone wants it: http://supernal-clothing.co.uk/shop/ind ... ex&cPath=3
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Did you read the site's description of all their kilts? In every kilt's description it says, pleated all around. Maybe the pictures are not the skirts they are selling. Maybe the site's promo team is substandard.

My suggestion of calling all skirts kilts was tongue in cheek. I thought that was obvious. I guess it wasn't. :(
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Never mind, :)
what do you think of the actual garments?
worth a go?
RyeOfTheDead
Distinguished Member

Post by RyeOfTheDead »

[Digression removed]

SF, As far as my impression of the garments, they're ok, I'm not a big fan of the long one or the leather stuff. The only one I could see myself wearing is the black kilt, but being stateside, It wouldn't be cost effective for me, I'd just go to Sportkilt for a similar garment, with pockets added. I'm always happy to see another company selling skirts or kilts for men though, so that's just fine by me. It does seem to cater to a very specific market though, so I think someone may need to have that type of style to pull it off.

(*To this second note, I wanted to add my own personal experience with something similar. I once bought a black cargo kilt from Tripp NY being sold in Hot Topic stores here, and I wore it a few times because I was excited to have a kilt, but once thr rush wore off, I realized the garment was very "punk," and I realized it really didn't mesh with the other clothes I own. cause it had too many zippers and D-rings and stuff on it. This one might be a little easier to pull off without those problems, since it is much more plain.)
Last edited by RyeOfTheDead on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

Pick on someone else, Rye, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :D

straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

RyeOfTheDead wrote:
SF, As far as my impression of the garments, they're ok, I'm not a big fan of the long one or the leather stuff. The only one I could see myself wearing is the black kilt, but being stateside, It wouldn't be cost effective for me, I'd just go to Sportkilt for a similar garment, with pockets added.

. It does seem to cater to a very specific market though, so I think someone may need to have that type of style to pull it off.

I realized the garment was very "punk," and I realized it really didn't mesh with the other clothes I own. cause it had too many zippers and D-rings and stuff on it.
This one might be a little easier to pull off without those problems, since it is much more plain.)
sorry for the selective quoting, but some parts suit my intention better than the whole.

The regular black kilt is the item I'm mainly interested in, in effective competition with a similar item (but in man-made fabric) from Midas, who are better known. I prefer the idea of natural fabric though from Supernal.
The fact is doesn't have excess buckles, d rings etc, also appeals, as does the possibility of wearing to work, although it could be a tad too short for that..
BBB

Post by BBB »

Straightfairy Get Shirty in Edinburg have an off the peg black kilt in the Ceilidh range. The rnage is reasonably priced and the quality is good try

http://www.getshirty.com

Good Luck.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

That link to "get shirty" gets me this>>>

We are sorry, but getshirty.com is currently undergoing maintenance. Please come again soon.

PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

"We are sorry, but getshirty.com is currently undergoing maintenance. Please come again soon."

Don't you just hate it when you click on a link and get the above message?
hope123

Post by hope123 »

hEY,
I want To Know that this is a UK site or Not>>>. Anyone answer me??
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

hope123 wrote:hEY,
I want To Know that this is a UK site or Not>>>. Anyone answer me??
Are you asking whether this site is based in the United Kingdom or hosted for wearers of Utilikilts? :D :D :D

I'll assume the former (though a number of folks here, myself included, own Utilikilts). The site belongs to Bob, a resident of the big island on the left of the Atlantic, but has members from most parts of the globe; North and South America, Europe (mainland and offshore) and Australasia are all frequent sources of posts.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce