Kilts revisited: Mario Queiroz

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Juan

Kilts revisited: Mario Queiroz

Post by Juan »

Te new Fall collection by the Brazilian Mario Queiroz seems to have been inspired by Celtic Medieval imaginery, feturing cloaks, knits, tartans,... and of course kilts!
mario4 (1).jpg
mario3.jpg
mario2.jpg
More at:
http://www.marioqueiroz.com.br/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilts revisited: Mario Queiroz

Post by r1g0r »

hate to say it, but the first & second appear to be shorts. you can see the darker area between the thighs on both, and the second has a flash of light at the bottom edge that seems to be the separation.

sorry. it's the graphics editor mode in me.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Juan

Post by Juan »

I'm no graphics editor, so I'm in no position of contradicting you. Anyways, Mario's website does announce kilts for the forthcoming season. I posted the ones that to my untrained eye looked like unbifurcated garments. Sorry if I got them wrong. But then, there's not much of a difference between shorts and skirts, right? Two openings... one opening. Take care!
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

hey, juan!

i don't think you got them wrong. my belief is that the news of them announcing a kilt line got somebody looking for images from the company's shows that would look like kilts.

a bit of p.r. artistic licence.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Why is it that when you see a male fashion model wearing a skirt he looks crap, I'm no oil painting, but I'm sure I could do a better job then them
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

The 3rd picture down from the top doesn't have a kilt or skirt in it. Just an unhappy man (they never smile) wearing brown pants with a checkerboard cape over them. Seems to me any garment THAT open in front is a cape. Just because it slipped down from his shoulders, makes it no less a cape. LOOK, Up in the sky, It's a bird, It's a plane, It's SUPERMODEL in his strangly placed CAPE. :alien:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Juan

Post by Juan »

You're so right, Richard! Now, let's grant them that the fault most probably is not entirely theirs. During fashion shows, models are instructed to act in determined ways in order to match the designer's "concept" ("have a sad/lively/grave expression"... "look vaguely at the horizon/directly to the floor"... "walk shyly/vigourously") My guess is that they are concerned about the models distracting attention from the clothes.

Since 1982: I wouldn't call that thing a real kilt either. Whatever it is, (cape, over-pants, open-skirt), it's constructed in plaid, with a criss-cross design matching the overall "Celtic" or "Medieval" conception of the runway. I probably wouldn't wear that, but it might inspire me to make a similar garment... in different colors, with a different fabric, perhaps. And mybe not over trousers but leggings. And perhaps not entirely open at the front, but slightly crossed like a sarong...

So I think it's a good idea to check out what designers are up to once in a while!

Take care and thanks for the comments!
Juan