Possible convert?

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Possible convert?

Post by Charlie »

I was in the Frome (pronounced "Froom") Homebase (DIY shop) carpark the other day, wearing a brown corduroy Union kilt. A guy came up and asked where I'd got the kilt from. I told him and he said "I thought kilts were worn for ceremonial or formal occasions." I told him I wore it as an alternative to trousers. He said no more and wandered off ....
It would be nice to think that the realisation that kilt can be an everyday article of clothing might inspire him to get a kilt of his very own.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Possible convert?

Post by mugman »

Spread the word!
A kilt beats trousers any day in my book.
I've not yet had anyone ask where my kilts come from. Oddly enough, there haven't even been any generally inquisitive people either over the last few months, but there were a few to start with. Perhaps they've all got used to my kilts now in this locale.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Yes, spread the word. I've handed out quite a few business cards for Midas and for Union Kilts to enquirers.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Gus

Post by Gus »

I agree absolutely - spread the word. I've started a brand new topic for this at http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... =2&t=10477
"Pay no attention to what the critics say; there has never been set up a statue in honor of a critic."
-Jean Sibelius