Practikilts

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
mugbeliever

Practikilts

Post by mugbeliever »

I've been looking for some time now into getting a casual kilt to wear out and about on a regular basis, and I came across http://www.practikilt.com/ today, and they seem pretty nice and affordable. The problem is that I haven't heard anything about them from someone who's actually worn one. Are they comfortable? Durable? Also, the sizes seem very small in comparison to other kilt manufacturers, so I was wondering if anyone knew if they just used trouser sizing instead of kilt sizing.

Do any of you guys know anything about them?
Departed Member

Re: Practikilts

Post by Departed Member »

They just look like waist measurements to me. No length shown, the only guide being the (for once!) excellent photos! No silly, below the knee stuff, so top marks there! Prices (translated into real money!) look competitive, too. They really do need a new scrip writer, though - that load of guff could put many a would be purchaser, well and truly, off!

Go on, take a gamble - you know you want to! :) :kiltdance:
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Appears to be a worthwhile middle of the road product, and probably worth taking a chance at that price. The lengths look to be noticeably less than Utilikilt.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

heheheehehee Camo Urban twill???? I can see the next gang of street toughs, all duded up in Camo Urban twill practikilts, Camo Urban sleeveless T-shirts, wrap around sunglasses, custom eyeholes wool caps in red or blue, red or blue kerchiefs to wear over the lower face, knee high black leather boots with lots of straps and buckles...:thewave: :hooray:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Better lock the doors and hide the silver then.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

this thread maybe a non-starter if you click on to buy you get
Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The resource cannot be found.
I checked a few more links and way back in 2005 is this had the same error message
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Zappinjack

Post by Zappinjack »

Well, I bought a couple of the Practikilts from Museum Replicas. Had some trouble getting the paypal to work, but talked to them on the phone and got it going. They where delivered here in Canada in 4 days. This is actually my first Kilt, and now know I want a better one. The fabric is light and doesn't overlap as far as I would like on the apron. The pleats are not sewn down and never fall correctly. There are no buckles just snaps and belt loops. I think I will wear them around the house and yard.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Sorry you have been disappointed. $49 (if that's still the price) is a very low one for a kilt of any real quality. Snap fasteners appear to be common on this type of 'new generation' kilt as opposed to straps and buckles. These fasteners are fine if the kilt fits well. But if you gain girth there's no room for adjustment. I know what you mean about the underapron not crossing over far enough...the edge of it rubs against the side of the leg and you might as well wear pants for that kind of irritation. I cannot understand the mercenry way these are designed as just a few more inches of material makes a big difference. Perhaps they're designed by people who will never want to wear them.
Zappinjack

Post by Zappinjack »

I'm not disappointed. For $49.00US I wasn't expecting great things. It has been a good experiment to see if I like the concept rather than purchasing other and much more expensive options. Your correct about designed by people who never have to wear them. The tag says made in India. If you wear it with the snaps and belt loops centered, then the apron isn't centered. The snaps aren't centered on the apron. It is a little large on my waist so I'm looking for matching snaps to add some to make it adjustable and center the look of the apron. Other than that I think I will visit Utilikilts on my next trip to Seattle. I know Bear Kilts is here in Vancouver and there is another maker in Victoria. Have to go shopping I guess.