New Avatar

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

New Avatar

Post by JRMILLER »

I am 25% Scottish by my father's mother under the family name "Roberts". I discovered today that the family has a tartan, thus, I have updated my avatar to the Roberts tartan -- how cool! It's like history coming alive!

I also found a place to buy the material so I am going to make one based on the Sportkilt I own. I have already made 2, a "test" plaid and a denim. Both came out just fine. This will be the first real thing!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: New Avatar

Post by crfriend »

JRMILLER wrote:I am 25% Scottish by my father's mother under the family name "Roberts". I discovered today that the family has a tartan, thus, I have updated my avatar to the Roberts tartan -- how cool! It's like history coming alive!
Alright! Now that is truly grand. It's always wonderful when you can actually reach back and, in a way, "touch" history. Except in this case you get to wear it! Kilt on!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Or how about when you get to do a historic core dump!!!