Leeds trip

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
Miket

Leeds trip

Post by Miket »

Up to Leeds for a meeting this morning. I traveledup la2t night and resisted the temptation to venturre out last night in a kilt. However, I rose early and had a long stroll around central Leeds in my Douglas kilt before breakfasting at my hotel.

Only one comment - and spoken in good humour -"It's too cold dor that." from a chap as I walked by. "Far from it! It's very comfortable you should try it." came my reply.

Will I wear it on the way home? I'll keep you posted!

Miket
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Nice one Miket.

I've had the 'Aren't you cold?' question as well. I was wearing a denim Union kilt, tights and knee-high wollen socks. My wife wore a denim skirt, tights and knee-high boots, so we were dressed similarly. I was the one who got asked about the cold :? :?:

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Coming from another angle, I was in a kilt tidying the front garden on a particularly nippy day last month, and a passing neighbour asked 'Is it cold enough for you?'.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I always find the opposite, my kilt is too warm to wear unless there is a bit of a pleasent breeze, I'm not afraid to say so!
Best comeback I have managed, walking through Glasgow, someone asked me, "Are you a true Scot?". Answer@ "No, a Scouser!". Well it's true.

(To them that don't know; a Scouser is somebody from Liverpool)
ben4527

Post by ben4527 »

Ive walked through leeds myself kilted,back in august 07,in my rather cheap macdonald,no one seemed to pay much mind,good day a fond memory!, bit too cold now mind