Studless, pocketless, plain and simple.

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Studless, pocketless, plain and simple.

Post by mugman »

Plain material kilts other than black seem to come with the extra baggage of cargo pockets, decorative studs and modern fashion side/front pleating.
Does anyone know if plain kilts of a more conventional style are produced in maybe dark green, brown, beige, grey - whatever - without studs, tool belts, or huge hanging pockets for a laptop, etc?
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

The Buzz Kidder Canvas Kilts do. Don't have a link handy, but they're cut like a traditional. Also, most traditional kiltmakers can make solid color kilts for you...

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Excellent, John. :D Thanks. I'd not heard of them. And looks like their standard drop of 22.5 inches is perfect for me - I always have to lose some from the usual 'off the peg' 24", otherwise the top is uncomfortably high.
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to order made to measures in plain material.
I've put a link here to their canvas kilts, for the record.
http://www.buzzkidder.com/page/page/510432.htm
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Just tried to order a kilt from them in UK, and went around in circles. Didn't get anywhere at all, so I've emailed them :(
Although I like tartans, ringing the changes with a plain one or two would add some variety.
matman

Post by matman »

That's a great link, and good looking casual kilts, too. I really like em. I'll order soon. Oh yeah, those pale legs this time of year. Hope you all have your sun glasses on to cut the glare!