Running Kilt Review

Kilt-based fashions, both traditional and contemporary. Come on guys, bring on the pleats!

Re: Running Kilt Review

Postby FranTastic444 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:11 pm

I like the look of the Jaywalking and the Sparkleskirt stuff. The latter probably wouldn't work for me as the guys stuff they have uses sewn-in compression shorts (I'd sooner use my own). The Jaywalking stuff specifically states that their gents range has no skort-like inner to contend with. So, though I like the look of the McRaven, it probably wouldn't suit my needs.

I like the idea of cycling in a skirt, but I think it would have to be a mini that you do not sit on. This looks plain uncomfortable to me -

I've liked to this photo before. It looks like he has one of the women's items rather than something from the male range. I think I'd have to cut the lining out and use trad cycling shorts underneath.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Grok » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:14 pm

This is surely one of the last mild days of the year for Seattle. The air is slightly cool, but the sun is shining. Went out in a running kilt for my aerobics.

I find that digging a house key out of the pocket to be a pain, so wear a second key on a lanyard.

For my aerobics I will likely soon switch over to my Macabi knee length. The RunningKilt is optimized for running during hot weather.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Postby r.m.anderson » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:14 am

Grok wrote:This is surely one of the last mild days of the year for Seattle. The air is slightly cool, but the sun is shining. Went out in a running kilt for my aerobics.

I find that digging a house key out of the pocket to be a pain, so wear a second key on a lanyard.

For my aerobics I will likely soon switch over to my Macabi knee length. The RunningKilt is optimized for running during hot weather.

XXXXX

Did-ja notice the horns on his bike helmet ?
Something here about wearing Viking purple colors ?

The wide bottom hem should be adequate to prevent any frontal exposure.
Rear view not shown.

The problem with biking in a skirt is the back of the skirt gets scrunched up in the seat - UNLESS
the back panel is lifted over the seat making the ride somewhat more pleasant this only with a mini
short hemmed skirt - in any event best to be wearing the padded crotch panty/panel for comfort and moisture wicking - dem being tender parts !
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Uncle Al » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 pm

r.m.anderson wrote:Did-ja notice the horns on his bike helmet ?

Maybe he has a "Devil May Care" attitude about the race :!:
:rofl:
:hide:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-2020(and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Uncle Al

Postby Grok » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 pm

It is a fine spring day in Seattle. The air temperature is somewhat cool, but there is plenty of sunshine. :sunny:

Decided to do aerobics in a Running Kilt for the first time this year. :kiltdance:

Right off I noticed some contradictory sensations. The cool air tended to cool my skin below decks, but the fabric and sunshine tended to warm my skin. Interesting contrast.

One advantage over shorts is that after the workout you cool off faster. I've noticed that shorts can very effectively (over)insulate your crotch.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Kilts, Kilts