Michigan state news

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
boca

Michigan state news

Post by boca »

Looks like the Governor of Michigan has added "gender Identity or expression" to the anti-discrimination list:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071122/ap_ ... r_michigan

Of course this isn't "skirts for men", however it levels the playing ground significantly.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

I knew there had been something in the news worth mentioning here and that's it. Sounds like progress to me!
Departed Member

Re: Michigan state news

Post by Departed Member »

boca wrote: Of course this isn't "skirts for men", however it levels the playing ground significantly.
I'm not sure it does. "Gender Expression" = what? There's a potential danger that a 'bloke in a skirt' could easily be construed (by those malevolent enough) as being 'demeaning to cross-dressers/transvestites or whatever' and thereby 'in breach' of the anti-discrimination rules.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

You have a sad but good point, SkirtDude. I bet lots of people go unhired for undocumented reasons that are probably pretty clear from the interviewer's face upon meeting. Not only is that just plain not right but great people who would be quite an asset to a company can be missed that way.