Project Runway

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Project Runway

Post by sapphire »

Season 4 of Project Runway will begin on November 14 on the Bravo network.

For those of you not familiar with the show, it is a contest for clothing designers. They start with 15 designers. Each week the designers are given a challenge and a certain amount of money for material. Each week one designer is eliminated until one winner remains.

In the past, most of the garments were designed for women. Last season, the remaining 4 male designers had to design a travel outfit for themselves. Yes, they all chose trousers.

It is a fun show. Carl and I enjoy watching it and doing our own critiques of the design.

I noticed in the bravotv.com website that a number of the designers for this season are menswear designers.

For those of you interested in style and commenting on it, I'd like to suggest that we get a thread going where we can offer up our own critiques of the fashions designed in this show.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I've been glued to this on our (British) TV for the last month or so (Sky 3, I think - channel 11 on Freeview). So it is obviously a re-run of an old series. One guy was thrown off the show a week or so ago because he had smuggled some design books into the house where they stay - so you might recognise the series.

I love the show - and I'm not in any way a designer or creator of clothes. But I can nevertheless admire skilled people at work. I really enjoy watching these people use pins and sewing machines to turn out fantastic clothes in about 12 hours. It's amazing.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Yes, that's the show and you have been watching reruns.

Carl and I had so much fun watching the show and sharing comments both about the styles and the judges' comments, that I thought it might be fun on this forum to do the same.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

I'll keep an eye out for it; sounds interesting! Those shows can be great when the egos get a bit out of hand or people start to behave in all-too-human ways. The editing usually magnifies this, with music and tight focusing etc so it's a way for the audience to examine their own foibles projected onto these characters.

Maybe someone can post stills from the shows on the thread here? If they have all that technology sussed..
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Iain

Thursday night - 9pm, I think (could be 10) - Freeview channel 11 - which is Sky 3.

It is repeated, or at least the programme is on also, on Sunday night - again Freeview channel 11 - Sky 3, but I don't know what time.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

This programme sounds interesting, is a now often used recipe. We don't have that show here on the Netherlands TV. We did however see the Chef Gordon Ramsey, with Hell's Kitchen, it had much the same Idea, every week there was one who had to go.

it is indeed nice to see people with skills at work.

Peter v
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.