What if... unlimited money

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
kiltair

What if... unlimited money

Post by kiltair »

Hi,

Here's a question. What if you were as rich as Bill Gates and wanted to promote skirts for men... How would you do it?

Go around the world, giving slide-shows like Al Gore did with his Unconvenient Truth?

Start a chain of stores? As Apple did to promote their products?

Give every man $100 if he wore a skirt all day?

Ideas??

Jan
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Hoi Jan, It is simple, follow the way other products are advertised. Hire men who want to wear skirts, to wear a selection of skirts, and have them be seen in well known and visited places. Spend money on tv time, showing men in skirts, lik golfers in kilts, and all other walks of life. It's the lack of finances which stop people being able to have p[ositive coverage on the TV. Setting up a chain of shops which cater for men wearing skirts, with professional advice could be a good thing. Any skirts could be sold there, along with other clothing to fit the male torso.

Any large advertising firm can tell you how to do it. It only costs a lot of money.

The fact that men have the choice to wear or not to wear should be advertised. I'm not in the advertising business, so I can't give details.

A re-education programme regarding old misconceptions should run parallel to men in skirts. As there will be questions and accusations about those men. To give the right answers, and put things in their correct place, an understanding of the meaning of old words as travestite and so on is essential, as is freestyle. There is not one thing alone that should be done, but many simualtaneously.

Having men in skirts welcome in large well known businesses would help the positive image.

Peter v.
Last edited by Peter v on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

I think I'd open a massive shop down in London's West End where nobody is gonna miss it, and accept that I'd run at a loss for a couple of years.

And then I'd bribe A-list celebs to be seen in those fashions, I mean bribe them hugely, to appeal to their sense of amoral values -- and get every PR outfit to join in.

And while I was at it, I'd stop pushing Windows Vista and just let everyone do whatever they wanted with their computers!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
kiltair

Post by kiltair »

Hmm, several brands have already tried selling men's skirts, eg. H&M, Levi's, Dries van Noten,...
It's unfortunate they didn't sell. Agreed, they didn't make much publicity, but *sometimes* there are ads for men's skirts in magazines.. I guess they didn't get enough response to start up production either...

So, more ideas on what to do with your (virtual) wads of money.. !

Jan
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What if... unlimited money

Post by Sasquatch »

kiltair wrote:Hi,

Here's a question. What if you were as rich as Bill Gates and wanted to promote skirts for men... How would you do it?

Ideas??

Jan
Unlimited money? I would open a network of private schools and universities which would provide a world class education tuition-free, with one small catch. The schools would require and issue uniforms that.... yep, you guessed it!

Also dance would be 50% of the Physical Education curriculum.

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Give me the unlimited piles of money and I'll figure it out!

Post by Since1982 »

Give me the unlimited piles of money and I'll figure it out!

quote:
Go around the world, giving slide-shows like Al Gore did with his Unconvenient Truth? unquote..

Umm, I may be wrong but I THINK it's Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" not Unconvenient..I have it on disc. It makes a lot of good points. Most of which are how nice it is to be able to blow so much money on personal aggrandizement and opinions.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
imadube
Member Extraordinaire

Post by imadube »

Unlimited funds - Easy,
Open a Unisex clothing shop in the highly traveled downtown Nashville, TN area.
By Unisex clothing I mean, using many of the current items that can be easily worn by all and put on Unisex labels. Eventually taking many of the patterns and fabrics used in making shorts everyone has and make them into skirts - label Unisex.
I think that in order to get the public attention and desired acceptance a new clothing "Label" needs to come into play as well. As the current shops go, it seems you must be Kilt related in order to be seen seriously.
Also as seen around the net, if couples can share the clothing items it would more likely be accepted. It would possibly work like this,
Couple goes shoping, see the shop and wonder in. Now, sales associate should focus on the shopper in charge here - the lady. Also an important point would be that the staff should be dressed in attire sold in the shop. Use males in skirts.
Now need a thought provoking name - I think I would use:
"Renegade Eagle Wear"
Why -
Renegade - Follows a path their own, not undermining the law but not following the norm
Eagle - Beauty and Majesty

Oh yea, Nashville, TN - at any given day there are people from all over the world in town, and I got the funds so I go where I live.
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

With practically unlimited funds simply give skirts away to men. College kids certainly will wear anything that is free even with ads scrawled all over it. Also use money to contrbute to legal defense funds for men fighting unequal dress codes.

In addition, something easily done to promote skirt wearing is merely to be seen in skirt. This can be done while going about everyday business as some of the wonderful guys here already do. It doesn't take money once a skirt is owned and this simple gesture reminds people that skirts are an option for anybody.

Quiet Mouse
kiltair

Post by kiltair »

I don't think paying people to wear a skirt is a good idea. The intention is to convince them, not to bribe them. Doing so with celebrities is a different matter, they'd even expect money for everything they do...

Yesterday evening I had another thought: give away (outrageous) prices to anyone with a good story that happened while in skirt. Say a real story of a trip through Europe while skirted with special mention of people's reaction to it would could win a Ferrari or a weekend at the Maledives. Best with video footage, etc.

In order to promote paragliding in Tenerife (or just promote Tenerife in general) there's a paragliding race. The price is $25000, I think. It's quite large compared to other paragliding championships, and it's used to attract good and as many pilots as possible (which is good for accomodation..)

Greetings,
Jan
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

I like the idea of targeting college kids. Harvard Square might be a good place. The Amherst/Northapton area might be another
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Better Idea for unlimited funds

Post by Since1982 »

Free health care for the world from the best doctors. Free Universities for anyone under the age of 50. Free sterility pills for the baby factories in the poorest countries. I have nothing against children, just the parents that get free money from all the charities, let the children die and keep the money and make more children whenever they're bored. I've BEEN to Uganda and seen many many well dressed baby factories(women and men) that take no care at all of their children, just keep the money and make more babies. :(
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/