09/18/2007

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
kiltair

09/18/2007

Post by kiltair »

Hi,

On Sep. 18th 2007, a new law will be passed in France to make skirts obligatory for everyone.

More info (in French):

http://jupeobligatoire.blogspot.com

greetings!

Jan
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I translated this with Babelfish, which made it marginally more readable. I'd guess its a spoof :(

Pity, imagine if a law like that made it into European law. The suits in parliament would be falling over themselves, hoping to buy votes by promising to get the law repealed, or at least a British opt-out. They'd all be claiming to be 'speaking for the British people' - I'd certainly tell them they're not speaking for me :D

It would be great to have a law giving clothing equality as a right, rather than people having to fight for it.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Charlie wrote:...They'd all be claiming to be 'speaking for the British people' - I'd certainly tell them they're not speaking for me :D

It would be great to have a law giving clothing equality as a right, rather than people having to fight for it. Charlie
Hear, hear! (That'd foul up a few company dress codes, and no mistake! :twisted: )
kiltair

Post by kiltair »

Charlie wrote: I'd guess its a spoof :(
Charlie,

Of course, it's a spoof.
See also the companion website http://www.jupeobligatoire.com/.

Both websites are extremely well-made and very professional. So it's not a low-budget amateur (like me..). Maybe it's a teaser from a (large) fashion chain that wants to put skirts (for men) in the spotlight in a collection they'll showcase on 9/18?

Next Friday there's a Belgian skirt-men meeting in Mechelen. Let's see if we can send a 'delegation'. I'll try to contact some French brethren to gain more info..

Jan
kiltair

Post by kiltair »

Hi,

I contacted some french men-skirt fora (plural for 'forum') and Jérôme told me that's a teaser website for a theatre piece starting on Sep. 18th in Paris.

Anyhow, it gives good and great publicity. I have the impression that the frequency of men's skirt related articles increases during the last few years...

skirtfully yours,

Jan