Trouser Burning

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Trouser Burning

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

Women burnt bras in the ‘70’s as a statement of liberation maybe we should have a trouser bonfire as our statement of liberation or a means of getting some publicity for our common cause against trouser tyranny.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

But what about the resultant 'environmental pollution'? :eek:

Nice thought, though!!!!! :clap:
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Actually, I quite like my trousers.

It's not the trousers which are to blame for "trouser tyranny", it's fashion bigots.

BTW - check this out:

http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/for ... age/0#1247

Stu
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

Its all about symbolism dude :)
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

Stu, that is the most amazing thing I've seen anywhere on this site in 4 years! A major global brand name producing a skirt for boys. That is incredible.. well found!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Iain

It was actually Firedawg that found it. There is a thread on the "skirts for men" section about it.

Stu
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Some good, positive thoughts on that forum! "Way to go!" as some of you (former) colonials say (allegedly!). Now, just get more blokes wearing 'em, where my 'other half' can see for herself it's 'no big deal'!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Now one for the grown ups might go down well!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

I wrote to them and asked if they could design one for guys. I know the differences are vague between a girls' and mens' design, but still, if it was marketed as a guy's item of clothing, and had useful pockets, not frivolous decorative ones, and avoided sparkly detailing, I said I thought they would sell loads of them.

They obviously sense a trend; why don't we each write a polite request to their marketing department? Companies figure one item of correspondence represents the opinions of at least 10 people (9 of which can't be bothered to write, or figure someone else can do it instead of them). The URL is below.

http://www.levisstore.com/helpdesk/inde ... cp=1320930
Cory

Here's What I Just Wrote Levis

Post by Cory »

Levis may be testing the waters with their skirts for boys. I agree with those who said we should give them positive re-inforcement.

Here's what I just sent them:

Congratulations on your skirts for boys, which I have seen discussed online at parents' sites and men's sites. Many (including me) are looking forward to seeing your kilts for guys, which are sure to be a mail-order and in-store success for you, and will enable guys who are waiting for kilts to become more mainstream to wear kilts.

Please keep us posted.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Well I've just had my first full day in unbifurcated denim - Indi Denim Union Kilt with no sporran. Wore it first of all out to lunch with my wife and later at a shopping centre. No adverse comments, no stares or sniggers and two or three people complemented me on the denim kilt. In fact the very first person I met when I stepped out of the car in Carlisle was a young lad who said I looked very fashionable and that denim kilts with pockets were coming in this year. I lost no time in giving him a Union Kilts card out of one of the pockets and told him he'd better be quick as their sale ends tonight. Went back out tonight for a take-away curry - as I was returning to the car got a wolf whistle from a bunch of lads across the road - I thought this was going to be the first negative reaction but when I looked across the road I saw that some of the group were friends of mine and just teasing. So I've sent an e-mail tonight to Levi's asking if they are going to make denim skirts for men with zip fly fronts and pockets.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Fired off a request for a denim skirt for men tonight, keep up the pressure! Who knows, it might just work.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Topsy

Post by Topsy »

I have just fired off an email to Levi's having found the right form of words:
I note that you have now introduced two skirts for young males and I applaud this advance in your fashion scheme. I would like to know when a male-engineered skirt or kilt will be available for those over the age of 7? This is because skirts for men is one of the last bastions of fashion and a huge marketing opportunity.
Topsy

Mostly Harmless
Tripp49

Mens Skirts

Post by Tripp49 »

Hey Gang,I just sent Levi another request for MENS skirts.This is at least my third e-mail to them in the past two years on this.:rolleyes: They always send me the same reply,that they appreciate my thoughts,and will forward it to there approiate department.:clap: :clap:

Tripp49:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Tripp49
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

Meanwhile the discussion on Practical Parenting is getting quite intense. I think I recognise a few familiar posters chiming in, too!

http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/for ... age/0#1247