Laundry Day

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Laundry Day

Post by Bob »

Check out this skit called "Laundry Day"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4TPpeMh8q0
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

Could someone describe what it's about, for those of us whose computers can't display the video?

-- AMM
Thanks for all the fish.
trainman
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, Land Down Under!

Post by trainman »

Gah! Ever since I installed Zone Alarm I haven't been able to see anything on youtube! It's irritating...

But that's off topic, yes please, what's the video about?
Trainman is...

...Geek in Goth clothing!
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Starts with a college age guy in a dress and his friend comes over and notices the dress. Dress guy explains the dress away as "laundry day". His friend assures him it is completely fine he wears dresses and he doesn't need an excuse (nothing left to wear beacuse everything is in the wash). Dress guy is offended at the implication that he is wearing a dress because he likes it. He firmly explains it is laundry day as his reason.

It continues from there with more characters and dressed in female type clothes because they are celebrating "Laundry Day" which turns out to sound a lot like Halloween and we learn the guys are a bit mixed up about holidays. The great part about that skit was what I think would be a fairly typical college student attitude about a buddy wearing dresses or skirts- no big deal.

Quiet Mouse
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Good clip! I was viewing in the small screen and actually thought the second dude in drag was a chick until I got a better look. Bleary eyes, long day.

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Sashi

Post by Sashi »

That was... quite weird, but still pretty funny. Thanks for the link!
http://the-shining-path.blogspot.com
Hatred is learned, not inherited. Let a little child from Iraq play with a child from the United States, and they will play together without a care in the world. Put the children back in their homes and their parents and the media will teach them hate and prejudice.
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

Gah! Ever since I installed Zone Alarm I haven't been able to see anything on youtube! It's irritating...
Zone Alarm shouldn't interfere with looking at Youtube videos. I've got Zone Alarm installed and I can use Youtube with no trouble.

Youtube videos are basically just Flash movies shown in a web browser - so Zone Alarm shouldn't flag up a problem. You must have your settings for Zone Alarm configured in some funny way.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

OT: Youtube won't play video for me :(

Post by AMM »

After reading all the comments, now I want to see this video, but YouTube won't show it to me.

I downloaded the latest FireFox and the latest Adobe flash onto my Linux box (RedHat 9.0), but YouTube still insists I need to download the latest "Macromedia Flash" or turn on my JavaScript.

Any suggestions?

-- AMM
Thanks for all the fish.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

It should have given you a link to download Flash. Do that and clear the cache on your browser and that should relieve your problem.

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
trainman
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, Land Down Under!

Post by trainman »

Worked out it's not ZoneAlarm... But for some reason Firefox only gives me the raw HTML instead of a useable page (to me anyway).
Trainman is...

...Geek in Goth clothing!
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

Time to upgrade your Firefox...works great for me. Don't remember anyone wearing makeup on laundry day...

binx
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

Sasquatch wrote:It should have given you a link to download Flash. Do that and clear the cache on your browser and that should relieve your problem.
I had just downloaded the latest "Flash" less than two hours earlier (and this was the first time Flash had been installed.)

The link from YouTube brings up the same (Adobe) page I had used to download the Flash I installed.

How many times does one need to download Flash in order to use YouTube?

-- AMM
Thanks for all the fish.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Personally...

Post by Since1982 »

I think that whole clip needs to be on a Transvestite site....That's about as far from the idea of "men in skirts" as you can get..:confused:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Since1982 wrote:I think that whole clip needs to be on a Transvestite site....That's about as far from the idea of "men in skirts" as you can get..:confused:
Personally, I'm with you on this one, Skip! Perhaps there's a need/opportunity to stress the difference between ourselves and the TV world? :think:
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Hey, Merlin and Skip...

Lighten up :) Don't take it so seriously - it's only a bit of fun! The lads are so obviously in drag. Think of it as being in the same class as an up-tech pantomime dame thing.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)