Interesting article about male dancers in skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Interesting article about male dancers in skirts

Post by binx »

An older article...wonder if it's still happening?

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1083/is_10_74/ai_65862860

binx
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Yes, it is still happening. The thing is, you work so hard on your legs in dance. And without skirts as an option, ways to show them off on stage are actually quite limited.

I wore a white tunic and pink tights last Sunday to depict an angel-like character for a dance I made for church. Everyone loved the dance; whether the costume I wore was "masculine" enough was not an issue. Theatrically, it worked.
Ingemar

Ballets.

Post by Ingemar »

Hi!

I know at least two ballets with men in skirts in them, I have forgotten the name of one of them but the other one is: La fille mal Gardé. I´ll come back with the other one as soon as I find it.
The second one is La Sylphide which is a ballett that takes place in Scotland and all the male dancers are in kilts.

Greetings

Ingemar
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

"... maybe if you're a guy and you've been wearing them all your life, living in them when you'd just as soon be wearing something a little different, something new to the office, to climb a tree, to change the oil, to go get a beer--you have a different take on them."

Absolutely - what an enlightened article.

Talking of ballet-wear, I was out for a walk with my wife the other day. We were on the cycle path near Wells when a teenage boy jogged past. He was wearing white tights and a mini tutu. It was probably intended as fancy dress, but good for him for daring to be different :cheer:

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

He was wearing white tights and a mini tutu.
Uhh... I'm gonna express my discomfort with this. He probably had a dancewear fetish. I've seen the dancewear fetish sites, and I think it's kinda weird. Real dancers only wear dancewear in the studio. Of course he can wear whatever he wants in public, but I don't see this as fashion freedom.

The other funny thing is that tutus are only worn on stage, or by really young children in the studio who are playing out their princess fantasy. So that's another reason seeing a tutu in a park is weird to me. Especially by a non-dancer.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Circue Du Cilele

Post by Since1982 »

or however it's spelled..lol I was in Vegas last July and saw several "shows" while there. Blue Man Group, Cirque Du soliel or however it's spelled and Penn and Teller ... the Cirque Du Soliel show has lots of skits with men in various skirts and they look right at home in them. Very masculine and smooth dancing with both men and women in skirted garments.:ninjajig: :clap:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/