CitySkirt got Digged!!

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Renesm

CitySkirt got Digged!!

Post by Renesm »

http://digg.com/offbeat_news/CitySkirt_Skirts_designed_for_men

When your site gets Digged, it gets a lot of hits. I wonder if this was why CitySkirt went offline!

Not too sure about some of the comments about the link though.
Jerry Young

Cityskirt

Post by Jerry Young »

I have notice that Cityskirt is back with a Passport entry. I would like to find someone who will be able to get me a passport to get into the site so I can make a purchase. I hated the site had to shut down. Does anyone know who DanR email or another way I can contact him. Thank you!
Jerry W. Young
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

I have contacted DanR. We will see if he wishes to provide any information on this topic.
Jerry Young

Reply About Cityskirt

Post by Jerry Young »

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the reply on my request about Cityskirt. I'm just wearing kilts for now by I would like to try some manly looking skirts I saw on the Cityskirt website before it went down, I guess almost a year ago now. Thanks again.
Jerry W. Young
Will

Cityskirt Passport

Post by Will »

I too would like a passport to buy from the site. If anyone can help, please contact me :!:
Aloofguru

Post by Aloofguru »

Bob wrote:I have contacted DanR. We will see if he wishes to provide any information on this topic.
Could You sign me up also?
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

CitySkirt is gone for good. It was shut down due to intense bigotry aimed at it after it was digged. It looks like it is not coming back up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
gshubert

CitySkirt operations

Post by gshubert »

I picked up a passport to the revived CitySkirt site in July. It shows three skirts, but to order they suggest one call rather than use the online cart.

Here is one, the Ranier, "Carpenter pants meet a man's skirt: That about sums up the Rainier. It even boasts a hammer loop on the right side. It features a zip fly, snap closure and the widest flares at the hem of any of our knee-length skirts. Made with pride in the USA."

"You can call us direct at +1.425.235.1113
Office hours: M-Th 9:00-18:00 PT"

I have a couple of Tenino skirts and may order some more; so I hope CitySkirt is not completely dead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--G. Shubert
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Hi, I don't know anything about this, but I gathered they were makers and sellers of skirts made to fit the men's figure. The skirt on the foto could be a woman's skirt, just a nice neutral skirt. Nothing fancy, but made to fit men. Which says nothing about the style. It would be a shame to loose any maker of good men's skirts at this stage, when there are so few, especially manufacturers of simple casual skirts, which are not specifically kilt copys. Those are great, but only represent one style of skirt.
And with that you have a choice in styles, and still have rather bland but manly skirts.

Is there a list of men's skirt manufacturers?

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.