He makes time for skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
gshubert

He makes time for skirts

Post by gshubert »

There are only two places Alexandre Peraldi will not wear a skirt.

"When I am travelling or picking up my children from school," the creative director of Baume & Mercier watches reveals. "I have no desire to spend an hour justifying myself to customs officers. And at school, the children are not the problem. It's the parents, who assume I am in a cult. Other than those two occasions, I wear a skirt every day."

From the Toronto Star,

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... 4516648279
--G. Shubert
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Nice to see someone with a high profile 'stepping out'! Pretty good reporting, too! Doesn't that make a pleasant change?
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Airport Security

Post by Since1982 »

When I went to Vegas in early July, I wore calf length A-line skirts both ways and was X-rayed along with all my belongings. Not at any time did an officer question my choice of lower body wear. I actually got 2 compliments on it. One each way, one from a man on my way there and one from a female on the way back, both were wearing uniforms and were security officers. Both compliments were very nice. The man said he liked the dark blue background and tropical fish on my skirt without saying anything about the fact it "was" a skirt, and the woman just said "Nice Skirt" when I was wearing the black A-line with more saltwater tropical fish on it. No odd looks, no odd comments, nothing out of the ordinary at all. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
kiltair

Post by kiltair »

Hi,

I travelled to the US many times in a skirt. Usually an ankel-length one. It's so much more comfortable on the plane.
I *never* had any comments from the security or customs staff.
Once, in Schiphol (Amsterdam airport), the security guy looked a bit weird at me, but asked nothing (it wasn't probably on his mandatory questionaire! :-)

Jan
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Post by WSmac »

I've flown and land-traveled in my UK.
Never had a problem and I recently discovered that at some airports, the magnetometer (or whatever it's called) doesn't beep at all the snaps on the UK.

In fact, at the Sacramento airport, I didn't wear running shorts underneath (I did this once before so I could just peel off the UK and have it run through the xray), so the security guy told me to just try walking through once.
As I went through and no 'BEEP' sounded, I told the xray operator that I was glad it didn't go off. He said he was glad also, to which I responded, "Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to know what's under my kilt anyway!".
We both had a good laugh over that.

I did have one TSA person ask if I had a Sgian Dubh on me.
It took me a second or two to realize what he was talking about.
He was asking more out of having a bit of fun since I was in my UK.

All-in-all, my travels in a kilt have been just fine.

Now, when I get around to wearing full-on skirts and traveling, we'll see if any of that changes.
WSmac
Milfmog

Travelling in a kilt

Post by Milfmog »

Since the beginning of this year I have only flown in a kilt rather than those nasty uncomfortable things I have to wear to the office (about 20 international flights). It has caused some consternation at Barcelona (Spain) and Split (Croatia) airports as the buckles were sufficient to set off the metal detectors, but a quick check with the hand scanner was sufficient to overcome that (albeit in a screened booth at Split, I did wonder what was coming next :eek: :scared: :crossfingers: )

The only other issue I has was when I forgot to remove the kilt pin. This was deemed potentially dangerous at Luton (England) airport, so I was asked to remove it and put it in the bum bag ("fanny pack") that I carried on to the plane :confused: :confused: :confused: (I guess some airlines do not pay their security guys too well...).

However the idea of wearing shorts underneath for the security checks so that I can remove the kilt for scanning is a good one. Somehow I don't think the rest of the passengers would be too impressed if I stripped to underwear.

Have fun,

Ian.

(Typo corrected)
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce