A MySpace blogger blogs...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Renesm

A MySpace blogger blogs...

Post by Renesm »

Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Thanks but no thanks!

Post by Since1982 »

That woman, and I use the term loosely, is ignorant and illiterate. She's still living in the bubble of "Women get everything they want and men get nothing new" mentality. Thank the powers that be that women like her are becoming relatively rare. The reason I call her illiterate is the obvious fact she spells and thinks like most 7 year old girls.

Res, thanks for the link, I didn't respond to it, I am a member of enough sites now and will pass on joining yet another site that might spam email me just so I can respond to an idiot. :think:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

This blogger has all the mental agility of a pickled onion.

Post by Milfmog »

It's amazing how stupid some people like to make themselves look. The blogger wrote:
So when I got to work, I googled "men in skirts" and found numerous arguments and articles from men who in fact wear skirts... <snip> ...In theory, it's a smart idea and a relatively good argument ... but can you imagine your dad getting ready for work in the morning and putting a skirt on!?
So it's a good argument, but because her Dad didn't do it no one else should. How does she think human kind ever managed to make progress?

As a friend once remarked to me "Never underestimate the power of stupidity."

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Give the girl a break

Post by AMM »

I don't think we should read her out of the species Homo Sapiens just yet.

According to the annotation on the web page, she's 22 years old.

I remember something of what I and others my age were like when I was 22 (just out of college.) We thought we knew everything. That's what she sounds like. She wasn't nasty about it, she just betrayed her (understandable) lack of perspective.

It took decades of experience to pound into my head the understanding that a large part of being wise lies in realizing just how little you really know.

It seems like I've spent most of my life looking back at what I was like and what I thought and said and wrote 10 years earlier and saying, "boy was I dumb then. I'm so much smarter now!"

Assuming she continues to grow*, the time will come when she looks back at what she wrote (and not just this one posting) and cringes.

-- AMM

*- I put this caveat in because there are some people who reach a stage in their development and decide to stop growing. And rot.

That's the choice for all living things: grow/develop/change, or rot.

But I figure that those who choose to rot have bigger problems than some ignorant opinions.
Thanks for all the fish.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Well said!

Post by Since1982 »

I didn't see the addendum where it said her age. However, I expected her to be in her mid or low 20's. I wouldn't expect a mature woman in her 30's or 40's to be so narrowminded. What really turned me off with her comments was the last thing she said. About the skirted man secretly wishing to be a pretty princess. To me, that's just simpleminded ignorance. :mad:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

Don't bother posting a reply. She has to approve all replies to her blog. What an ignorant little princess...
-Matt
Bravehearts.us
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bravehearts.us »

And when she got to work the first thing she did is start surfing the Internet. Glad I’m not paying her to work for me!
Lar
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

What a self-important little 'know-all'! Rather reminds me of the 'Yuppy' commuters travelling from Peterborough, Up to Kings Cross, who spent most of their journey 'slagging off' their work colleagues' attire (well, those not in earshot, anyway!). The sort who go water-skiing when the red flag is showing, or mountain-climbing as the fog rolls in.............
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

I posted the reply:
Hey, at first I thought it was me you were talking about. I have a pleated Kahki skirt I wear sometimes --- looks a lot like a kilt in many ways. But I take PATH from Journal Square to WTC, and I wear short-sleeved dress shirts and no tie in the summer. More frequently I wear a short blue A-line mini skirt on PATH. The trip to work involves a lot of walking and if I do it in pants in 95-degree weather, I arrive to work absolutely gross.

I'm not allowed to wear shorts into the office, but the short blue skirt wouldn't be appropriate either. I change at one of the train stations (with bathrooms). Sometimes I wear the shorts, and change at the station; it makes no difference to me.

A guy wearing a skirt may be a curiosity, but it almost always invites no comments or reactions. The kind of snickering you describe usually comes from kids (between ages of 15 and 25). The scene you describe of everyone snickering reeks of excessive immaturity; but given what I've seen of Hoboken, I'm not surprised. No one in Jersey City has ever shown an interest in my skirts.

If you haven't found it already, you might look at http://www.skirtcafe.org. We're about "Skirts for Men", not "Men in Skirts". What you're talking about really isn't so weird. OTOH, getting into an SUV just to go to work is weird --- or at least incredibly wasteful.
It must be "approved" to be posted; let's see if it is approved.
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Nice reply!

Post by ChrisM »

I especially like the SUV comment! Good job!

Chris
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

Bob wrote:I posted the reply:
Hey, at first I thought it was me you were talking about. ....
This was a very good reply. No defensiveness or anger. You are responding with the assumption that she might want to actually learn something about you and understand and learn something. It's the sort of approach that has a chance of getting her (and maybe some of her readers) to think.

It's amazing how many fights happen because the participants just react without thinking. (Look at some of the exchanges here, for instance.)

-- AMM

P.S.: In contrast to another respondent, I think that the SUV comment could have been left out. It's the sort of thing that might alienate people.
Thanks for all the fish.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Cakky

Post by Since1982 »

It took me a long time to learn that crazy word, I went from Cakky to Kakky to kacky to kackhy to kackhi to cacky to cackey to kakkie to cakkey to khakky to smoking cracky before I finally got my brain addled correctly and looked it up in the dictionary. The correct spelling of it is actually crazier than all the spellings I thought it might be. It's KHAKI...I wonder what dimwit originally came up with that spelling for a word that really sounds like it should be spelled Cakky or Kakky. As soon as I post this I think I'll go Kak in the loo. (Can't call it baby kak as I'm not a baby anymore) :cheer: :cheer: :ninjajig:

crfriend
Master Barista

Genius!

Post by crfriend »

Bob wrote:I posted the reply:

It must be "approved" to be posted; let's see if it is approved.
That reply was a work of art, Bob. You should be proud.

It hasn't shown up yet....
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Since1982 wrote:It's KHAKI...I wonder what dimwit originally came up with that spelling
The word is derived from the Persian word khak (dirt) which came into the English language by way of the Hindi/Urdu loan word meaning earth-coloured or dust coloured.

Hence the dodgy spelling!

Have fun,

Ian.

(Ain't Wikipedia wonderful :) )
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Milfmog wrote:The word is derived from the Persian word khak (dirt) which came into the English language by way of the Hindi/Urdu loan word meaning earth-coloured or dust coloured.

Hence the dodgy spelling! Have fun, Ian. (Ain't Wikipedia wonderful :) )
Aha! I've learnt something there! Going back to our Romany chums (who, of course, hail from Persia and beyond), their use of the (similar sounding) noun "Cack" & adjective "cacky", now falls into place, although as Skip intimates, that useage now tends to refer to, err, poo! :eh: