New Zealand lawyer story

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Renesm

New Zealand lawyer story

Post by Renesm »

Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Not good news, this! Touch of the one step forward, three steps back syndrome, for those who just want to replace tr*users with a skirt!
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

New Zealand lawyer story

Post by knickerless »

I disagree - any occasion where a man is accepted in a skirt is good news. Although his protest is actually about the old boy network - at least he is wearing a decent skirt and looks good in it. The New zealand courts so far do not seem to have objected - so it may become acceptable for more men to wear skirts at work, whether they are protesting about something or not.

Nick
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

knickerless wrote:I disagree - any occasion where a man is accepted in a skirt is good news. Although his protest is actually about the old boy network - at least he is wearing a decent skirt and looks good in it. The New zealand courts so far do not seem to have objected - so it may become acceptable for more men to wear skirts at work, whether they are protesting about something or not.

Nick
Nah! The bloke is 'cross-dressing', in 'costume', to make a political point = totally negative for the ordinary 'man-in-the-street' wanting 'skirt acceptance'.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

merlin wrote:The bloke is 'cross-dressing', in 'costume', to make a political point [...]
I'll have to side with Merlin, mostly, on this one. The chap is doing it quite deliberately as a protest to get visibility for a perceived problem. This is, in and of itself, not necessarily a bad thing, but it does precious little to help out the guys who want (and deserve) an alternative to tr*users in everyday life. The wants and tactics are quite different for both of those cases.

I'll salute him for calling the "old boys" out, but his actions are not exactly helpful to what the lot of us hope to achieve someday. I'll also have to state that I found the look he went for a bit on the frumpy side, but that's just my opinion.

I'll disagree with Merlin, though, on the assertion that his actions were totally negative. Whilst they might not have been "helpful", I don't think they were "harmful" either; given the context, I'd have to say that they were largely immaterial to what we're (or at least I am) looking for -- the alternative. I think it's a wash.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Agree with Merlin and Carl

Post by Since1982 »

With the addition of perhaps makeup, shaved face, wig and nail enhancements. and using the asked for name of Ms. Alice, I see nothing but a man going either too far in his fight against the "old boys network" or actually, as he said he "understands the female gender" becoming a crossdresser or transvestite.

Now if he just wore a skirt and man's jacket and court required tie, referred to himself as who he really is, then I could see it as still a disagreement with the "old boys network" but doing it as a protest against them instead of wearing a complete "women's look outfit" to really PO them. Which is probably what he is going to do. I doubt what he's doing will help the rights of women to get legislative positions any quicker. He just might have hurt women's causes by dressing that way for that reason. :shifty:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/