Shorts ban for Rail, tube

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Renesm

Shorts ban for Rail, tube

Post by Renesm »

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=98224&version=1&template_id=38&parent_id=20

Apparently a couple of bus companies are banning men from wearing shorts. Now if the union was to find out that wearing skirts were ok......
Bravehearts.us
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bravehearts.us »

When those who make the rules have to work in the same conditions that they impose on others, their common sense will change.
Lar
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Bravehearts.us wrote:When those who make the rules have to work in the same conditions that they impose on others, their common sense will change.
That's a nice thought, sir, but I fear that it's not likely to happen any time soon. When was the last time you actually witnessed a "policy maker" in situations even remotely close to "real world" circumstances? It's not terribly common. (Just as in "Common sense is anything but.")
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Agree

Post by Since1982 »

Have to agree with Carl on that one. Once policy makers/rule makers get in the position of being able to make rules, they KNOW they are never going to have to abide by them. ie: Boss speaking here>> I have a different set of guidelines than you do, so don't question the orders you get if you want to continue working here. :naughty:

As long as theres a much bigger work force than jobs, I don't think that's going to change. And unfortunately you can't really bring them to task. They'll just make up some OTHER reason to fire you..:naughty:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/