SHOWSA: Ranveer Singh, Jim Sarbh, Babil & More Normalise Men Skirts I Not A Passing Fashion Trend Anymore

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

SHOWSA: Ranveer Singh, Jim Sarbh, Babil & More Normalise Men Skirts I Not A Passing Fashion Trend Anymore

Post by Coder »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9su8ZC_vs

I find it interesting we are seeing a lot of Indian MIS stories all of a sudden (past 6 months?). Culturally, I figured they were more conservative than the US.

Very few views, for such a large subscriber base, but it looks like it was only posted two days ago.
Uncle Al

Re: SHOWSA: Ranveer Singh, Jim Sarbh, Babil & More Normalise Men Skirts I Not A Passing Fashion Trend Anymore

Post by Uncle Al »

I've left a positive comment :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: SHOWSA: Ranveer Singh, Jim Sarbh, Babil & More Normalise Men Skirts I Not A Passing Fashion Trend Anymore

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:12 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9su8ZC_vs

I find it interesting we are seeing a lot of Indian MIS stories all of a sudden (past 6 months?). Culturally, I figured they were more conservative than the US.

Very few views, for such a large subscriber base, but it looks like it was only posted two days ago.
Not sure how the percentages match up in terms of conservative or not but there are over one billion Indians. May explain the increase in content by sheer numbers of people compared to the US
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

On a personal level I have found that many people of Indian/Asian origins most accepting of my skirts.
In aspects theirs is a highly structured and conservative culture but more accommodating to individual differences than the west.
OK so if it isn't a passing fad, why isn't every cafe member out there and wearing whatever they allegedly wish.
It will only happen when we make it so!
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:24 am On a personal level I have found that many people of Indian/Asian origins most accepting of my skirts.
In aspects theirs is a highly structured and conservative culture but more accommodating to individual differences than the west.
OK so if it isn't a passing fad, why isn't every cafe member out there and wearing whatever they allegedly wish.
It will only happen when we make it so!
Steve.
Do watch White Tiger on Netflix at the moment. It brilliantly shows what it means to be low caste in India. There was no discussion about skirts but did talk about attitudes in high caste and the millions of low caste people. I reminded me of 70s 80s Britian.

The freedoms being seen in India will among the wealthy who can afford to explore clothing freedoms.
Still good to see though.