MIS at least now a niche market?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

MIS at least now a niche market?

Post by Offkilter69 »

https://wwd.com/menswear-news/mens-desi ... 235586490/

Here’s another recent article about male skirts being more prominent in high-end fashion circles. It’s a start…
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: MIS at least now a niche market?

Post by Coder »

ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Offkilter69 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:21 pm https://wwd.com/menswear-news/mens-desi ... 235586490/

Here’s another recent article about male skirts being more prominent in high-end fashion circles. It’s a start…
Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

When I look at what you’ve accomplished at work, I’m duly impressed. I’m sure you’ve been seen by so many that you’ve introduced the concept of a man wearing a skirt as a regular outfit to all of them. The fact you had a conversation with a colleague and it didn’t come up is amazing.

Slowly but surely and at the pace comfortable to the individual, it becomes accepted
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

ScotL wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:24 pm

Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

When I look at what you’ve accomplished at work, I’m duly impressed. I’m sure you’ve been seen by so many that you’ve introduced the concept of a man wearing a skirt as a regular outfit to all of them. The fact you had a conversation with a colleague and it didn’t come up is amazing.

Slowly but surely and at the pace comfortable to the individual, it becomes accepted
I think these props were intended for Coder, for which I agree. He has bigger kahunas than I’ll probably ever have in that regard. I can wear kilts in public and around most people I know, but still not without a bit of initial trepidation. Skirts? Need a bit more seasoning to do them in public.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Offkilter69 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:10 pm
I think these props were intended for Coder, for which I agree. He has bigger kahunas than I’ll probably ever have in that regard. I can wear kilts in public and around most people I know, but still not without a bit of initial trepidation. Skirts? Need a bit more seasoning to do them in public.
Oops. Yes, guess I mistook his linking to another page as whom it was from.

I’m with you though. Kilts I’m getting better at. Skirts have been only at home and 2-3 times out and about and always where I shan’t be seen by anyone who knows me. Cause yeah, still finding my way. I’m also finding the cozy blue linen kilt is helping cause it’s a kilt but… it definitely blurs the lines. And most importantly it’s comfortable. The lightheartgear ones are also really good for me cause there’s a snap. Converts them into baggy shorts.

Good luck. I’ll need it too
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

Offkilter69 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:10 pmHe has bigger kahunas than I’ll probably ever have in that regard.
Totally off the topic but I can't let this go because once a teacher, always a teacher.

Cojones is the Spanish word for "balls", which is why we speak of a brave person (usually a man, but there's also a delightful irony in applying it to a woman).

Kahuna is a South Pacific term for a high priest/shaman or more loosely an important or powerful person. "This is a real privilege, we've been invited to see the big kahuna!"

Thank you. We now return you to our regularly scheduled skirting.
Ralph!
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

Ralph wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:11 pm
Offkilter69 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:10 pmHe has bigger kahunas than I’ll probably ever have in that regard.
Totally off the topic but I can't let this go because once a teacher, always a teacher.

Cojones is the Spanish word for "balls", which is why we speak of a brave person (usually a man, but there's also a delightful irony in applying it to a woman).

Kahuna is a South Pacific term for a high priest/shaman or more loosely an important or powerful person. "This is a real privilege, we've been invited to see the big kahuna!"
Thanks for the correction. That’s text dictation for you due to not knowing how to spell cojones. Never would have gotten that one since I never took Spanish! 😄
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Ralph wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:11 pm
Which raises the issue of guys, man enough to wear a skirt, are thought to be ballsy. Or have big cojones. Same thing. But euphemistically stated. Or is it. Saw a guy recently unabashedly digging at his crotch in pants. Never wondered why we did that in the past but now think pants just ain’t the right garment for male anatomy. Skirts/kilts are. If you have the cojones to wear/need one. Hahaha