Mega Man.

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
ScotL
Chatbot

Mega Man.

Post by ScotL »

Quote from article that’s interesting but also encouraging:

“While it’s difficult to pinpoint a single reason why some people are so resistant to the idea of men wearing skirts, the time has come to fully accept this fashion change and help people see the value in allowing people to wear what they like.”

https://mega.onemega.com/skirts-make-a- ... be-staple/
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mega Man.

Post by Coder »

Again, an article misrepresents the past:
If we were to trace our ancient roots, we would quickly learn that at one time, there was no such thing as attaching gender markers to clothing in any way, shape, or form.
That’s false - look at any historical drawing/painting and you will find there were differences. Yes, men and women both wore skirt-like garments, but there were distinctions between them enough to set them apart from one another.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I like the blue Dior skirt from that article, very classic and masculine.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:54 am
If we were to trace our ancient roots, we would quickly learn that at one time, there was no such thing as attaching gender markers to clothing in any way, shape, or form.
That’s false - look at any historical drawing/painting and you will find there were differences. Yes, men and women both wore skirt-like garments, but there were distinctions between them enough to set them apart from one another.
Maybe they mean if you go back to the days of wearing nothing but furs draped over you, sure, no gender specific clothing. Hahaha.

I kind of see the future being similar to the days of men and women having unbifurcated clothing but that still show some distinction to gender. But I also see it that men and women will be able to wear feminine or masculine clothing without judgment
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:57 am I like the blue Dior skirt from that article, very classic and masculine.
Looks fairly normal too. Not something usually seen at a fashion show.
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

ScotL wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:28 pm
FLbreezy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:57 am I like the blue Dior skirt from that article, very classic and masculine.
Looks fairly normal too. Not something usually seen at a fashion show.
The Dior skirt is by far the best and most mainstream looking of the lot. Unfortunately the rather effeminate or overly metrosexual looking models on the runways further perpetuate the false notion that only gay or feminine males wear skirts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Offkilter69 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:07 pm

The Dior skirt is by far the best and most mainstream looking of the lot. Unfortunately the rather effeminate or overly metrosexual looking models on the runways further perpetuate the false notion that only gay or feminine males wear skirts.
Most male models look effeminate I think. Even the so called tough looking models look like in a fight they’d fold like a cheap card table. The female models look anorexic and vapid. I don’t know what it is about fashion that these are the desired looks in models